+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling on Friday night

valentinagi

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

I am finally done! I have got my CoPR for myself and my family (husband and 2 kids), and we cannot wait to activate the PR.
I have read a lot of things on this and other forums, but no recent experiences.
Would it be a really bad idea to flagpole tonight Friday at Fort Eire?
Any experiences here?

Thank you all

Valentina

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I am finally done! I have got my CoPR for myself and my family (husband and 2 kids), and we cannot wait to activate the PR.
I have read a lot of things on this and other forums, but no recent experiences.
Any experiences here?
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

"Study and work permit requests, and requests for processing of confirmation of permanent residence at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-Lewiston Bridge and Rainbow Bridge
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) for its part has implemented service hours for processing confirmation of permanent residence, and work and study permit applications at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) and Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry made by individuals who currently reside in Canada, possess a valid work or study permit, or hold temporary residence status, and travelled to the USA for the sole purpose of presenting their permit application at a Canadian port of entry.

Should an individual meet these criteria, applications for confirmation of permanent residence or a new work or study permit may be made at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry as follows:
  • Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to midnight
Outside of these scheduled hours, any individual who meets the requirements outlined above and crosses the border at the Peace Bridge, Queenston-LewistonBridge or Rainbow Bridge to process confirmation of permanent residence or apply for a work or study permit will be admitted into Canada if they meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. However, their application will not be processed at the Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) or Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry, and they will be invited to submit their application to IRCC from within Canada.

Please be advised that even during the scheduled hours some applications might not be processed due to high volumes and excessive wait times and you may be invited to apply online or make an appointment with IRCC from within Canada. To learn more about IRCC’s services and access them, please visit IRCC or call 1-888-242-2100."

bonbonwang

Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

Any experiences here?

Thank you all

Valentina
Did you go flagpole at the boarder? Do you mind to share your story?