+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole with friend

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017
Hi, I am planning to do flagpole at peace bridge or queenston bridge in ontario.
I dont have a car, so my friend who is a Canadian citizen will drive with me to the border. SO MY QUESTION IS CAN MY FRIEND WAIT AT THE US BORDER OFFICE TILL I DO THE FLAGPOLE & WILL THE US BORDER OFFICERS WILL ALLOW MY FRIEND TO WAIT FOR ME???????

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Your friend can enter the CBSA office (Canada side) with you while your landing is being processed. He also has to bring his passport along and it will also be collected even if you are the one landing.

(How do I know? I also had Canadian citizen companions when I did my landing at Peace Bridge.)

Last edited:

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017
Your friend can enter the CBSA office (Canada side) with you while your landing is being processed. He also has to bring his passport along and it will also be collected even if you are the one landing.

(How do I know? I also had Canadian citizen companions when I did my landing at Peace Bridge.)
so there wont be any problem for him on both sides of the immigration as long as he has passport????
and what questions will the offficers ask to my friend???
if you can tell me your detail experience that would be very helpful

thanks in advance

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017
so there wont be any problem for him on both sides of the immigration as long as he has passport????
and what questions will the offficers ask to my friend???
if you can tell me your detail experience that would be very helpful

thanks in advance
and also what will the US border officers will ask him ??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
and also what will the US border officers will ask him ??
Canadian officers: Nothing. They will ask you if you are with anyone, so you will mention your friend and his relationship with you.
US officers: Purpose of visit. Which is driving you for flagpoling.

As long as you answer honestly, there is nothing to worry about.
My case was different as I did not flagpole, but I had a US visa and spent the day in the US and landed by driving back to Canada.

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017
Canadian officers: Nothing. They will ask you if you are with anyone, so you will mention your friend and his relationship with you.
US officers: Purpose of visit. Which is driving you for flagpoling.

As long as you answer honestly, there is nothing to worry about.
My case was different as I did not flagpole, but I had a US visa and spent the day in the US and landed by driving back to Canada.
thanks