+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Time Applying/ EE Score 435/ Ontario PT Notification Received

queengee

Sep 26, 2015
Hi,

I need help on understanding few things -

1. I have received a PT Notification of interest stating that I need to apply for OINP but there is no link given. Where should I apply for this program and how? Is it an online procedure or I have to contact certain authorities in Ontario?

2. What is the application acceptance criteria of OINP under the Human Capital Stream mentioned on their website? My CRS Score is 435 and I want to know what will make my application a potential one for the Government of Ontario? (specific work experience/ some particular NOC which matches their skill requirement/some particular field of study)

3. Most importantly, what all documents do I need to send along with this application and what are the possible alternatives in case I don't have a certain doc?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

The basic criteria are to have a 400+ score and at least a Canadian bachelors degree (or equivalent ECA). No special NOCs.

To understand the program and apply, read here ---> http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html

You will have to send them a completed application along with hard-copy documents. You have 45 days to send it to them. You will also need to pay a non-refundable fee of 1500 CAD. If they approve your application, you will receive 600 additional points in your MyCIC profile and a guaranteed ITA in the very next draw.

All the best!

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi All,
Even few of my friends have received this message That Ontario has shown interest into their express entry profile. They have just pooled in their application 10-15 days back.
Now what should they do? 1500CAD is much and I think that is not refundable.
What is the possibility of receiving nomination? As they are sending this to everyone who is above 400+ pointer..

Please advise.. TIA

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Waiting for advice ..

prernarula

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2015
Nomination.....
Ontario
AOR Received.
29-12-2015
Re: First Time Applying/ EE Score 435/ Ontario PT Notification Received
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:30:24 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi All,
Even few of my friends have received this message That Ontario has shown interest into their express entry profile. They have just pooled in their application 10-15 days back.
Now what should they do? 1500CAD is much and I think that is not refundable.
What is the possibility of receiving nomination? As they are sending this to everyone who is above 400+ pointer..

Please advise.. TIA

yes the CAD1500 is non refundable but 435 might be a long wait for a direct ITA in the EE pool and the nomination will give you a chance of ITA as it will add 600 points to your CRS taking it to 1035, making you eligible at the next EE draw from the time you rec your nomination. I have also submitted my application for the OINP.

Once your paperwork is ready you have to courier it to the Ontario Immigration Office or if you have a representative i Canada it can be hand delivered with the 1500CAD draft. and then wait for Acknowledgement of receipt for it which is supposed to take 2-3 weeks but as the trend is nw it is taking over 60-70 days just for the acknowledgement to come through and then the nomination ofcourse if they deem fit :)

Hope i have been of some help

queengee

Sep 26, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations!

The basic criteria are to have a 400+ score and at least a Canadian bachelors degree (or equivalent ECA). No special NOCs.

To understand the program and apply, read here --->

You will have to send them a completed application along with hard-copy documents. You have 45 days to send it to them. You will also need to pay a non-refundable fee of 1500 CAD. If they approve your application, you will receive 600 additional points in your MyCIC profile and a guaranteed ITA in the very next draw.

All the best!
OK.

So, downloaded the application form from OINP website. Also, came across the application guide which gave me clarity of few things but also raised new questions in mind, for which I now need your help. Below are excerpts from the information provided in the application guide and subsequent queries. Request a helpful response and cooperation, the list of doubts is long :(

I. Questions from the Application Guide for Ontario Nominee Application Form -

1. If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires
that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time
employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous
part-time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification
(NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the
date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.
Question - I have joined a new workplace 2 months ago and presently working there under the same NOC code in which I have previous experience. However, in last 5 years, I have moved to 2-3 organizations, with frequent gaps of 1 week - 12 weeks in between the old and new job. So, how do I define my employment status during those gap months. Should I mention those gap durations in the application form or only mention dates when I was under employment year-on-year. And if I do mention the gaps, I would have to write unemployed in the status. So will that affect my application evaluation?

2. Copy of current résumé indicating relevant work experience.
Questions - Can somebody genuinely help in evaluating my work resume and check for their particular requirements please? I honestly have read innumerable sources suggesting how to write effective resumes but still not clear about matching NOC code's duties with the roles & duties I have performed in my past experience. I'm ready to share my existing resume for evaluation.

3. Copies of employment reference letters from previous/current employers for
all periods of work stated in the application
Question - I have the employment contract given at the time of joining each organization in last 5 years and the letter of relieving from each. Are reference letters something different from these two types of documents? If yes, how can I get these from my previous employers? Request guidance.

4. Copy of pay stubs.
Questions - I might not have payslips from older organizations. Can I submit the pay stubs of my current organization? How many will be required? Last 3 months/6 months? Or the entire working tenure? :eek:

5. OINP must be satisfied that funds are unencumbered and readily transferable in a
convertible currency.
Question - Can I show funds in my family member's account even if he/she is not accompanying me?

6. You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the
Nominee Application Form. You must provide a statement of intent stating your
reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.
Question - How to provide this statement? Which format? I feel terribly embarrassed for not being able to understand this at all. :(

7. You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include
but are not limited to, the following:
 Employment in Ontario;
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
 Volunteer work in Ontario;
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
 Professional networks and affiliations;
 Family ties;
 Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.
Question - Have none of these. Now what do I do? Will this affect my application?

II. Questions outside the Application Guide/ Generic Queries related to PNP -

1. Though I have received PT Notification from Ontario basis my CRS points in EE profile, I have no ties in Ontario as stated above. So, what is a better decision -
a) Apply for OINP and play a gamble of 1500 CAD
OR
b) Apply for other state's nominee program like Saskatchewan or New Brunswick where the application fee is also less?

2. Does NOC/ field of past work experience outside Canada has any relevancy while applying for a particular PNP? For example - If I'm a media/advertising professional, does it make my application more relevant for Ontario or New Brunswick or some other province?

I'm sorry for such a long list of queries but I'm really stressed and humbly seek your advise as I'm left with less than 3 weeks to apply for OINP.

Thanks a lot!!

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
prernarula said:
yes the CAD1500 is non refundable but 435 might be a long wait for a direct ITA in the EE pool and the nomination will give you a chance of ITA as it will add 600 points to your CRS taking it to 1035, making you eligible at the next EE draw from the time you rec your nomination. I have also submitted my application for the OINP.

Once your paperwork is ready you have to courier it to the Ontario Immigration Office or if you have a representative i Canada it can be hand delivered with the 1500CAD draft. and then wait for Acknowledgement of receipt for it which is supposed to take 2-3 weeks but as the trend is nw it is taking over 60-70 days just for the acknowledgement to come through and then the nomination ofcourse if they deem fit :)

Hope i have been of some help

Hello ,

apart from the $1500 payable to onatrio , what other costs are there in the process for getting a PR approved from Ontario ?