+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First documents

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Good afternoon.
Is the first time my husband and me, we will enter in the process immigration. He is canadian and I from sudamerica. Hard is the distance. But is our first time in this process, maybe like several people, who will be grateful some answer.
We are in the step for fill the forms and the documents and then start the process with the goverment. Please I have questions, I hope someone could to help with their orientation.
1. THE EXAM MEDICAL. How is it? In the forms isn't specified. Is some general check? Or is some thorough...?. How is the doctor have to give this paper?
2. PASSPORT. I have older passport that my husband and me, we traveled other destinations and even, I had visa of wife in other country when we stayed in other place. But this is older, it doesn't my pasport now. Can also, I present this document for show to the goverment as proof genuine of my marriage?
3. When I will have a interview with the embassy from my country?
4. In the forms mention also I have to complete all the full names in english and my native language. Also I need do this about my lenguage spanish? My name is Rocio in spanish... I need write in english? So is will be Dew?
5. Applicant. This means that I am: the wife?
6. English A. I am studying English, very soon I finished the basic, I calculate if I get the visa, in that time I will finish the English advanced. Can I present, in the actually some certificate from my school that I can show I am studying?
7. English B. Who will take my lenguage test assessments? Is the embassy in my country? I don't know anything.

Thank you very much, really and sorry for my English.

Rocio Lively
Peru

Note. If there are some person from Peru or latino america, I really also very happy like my situation or was success in this process.

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
1. THE EXAM MEDICAL. How is it? In the forms isn't specified. Is some general check? Or is some thorough...?. How is the doctor have to give this paper?

It is very basic medical exam which follows answering doctor's questions, hearing test, eye test,blood test, urine test,chest X-Ray.
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

2. PASSPORT. I have older passport that my husband and me, we traveled other destinations and even, I had visa of wife in other country when we stayed in other place. But this is older, it doesn't my pasport now. Can also, I present this document for show to the goverment as proof genuine of my marriage?

You can make a copy of your old passport as relationship proof.

3. When I will have a interview with the embassy from my country?

Not everyone gets interview so you don't expect that.

4. In the forms mention also I have to complete all the full names in english and my native language. Also I need do this about my lenguage spanish? My name is Rocio in spanish... I need write in english? So is will be Dew?

The name should be the same with what it shows in your passport.

5. Applicant. This means that I am: the wife?

Yes.

6. English A. I am studying English, very soon I finished the basic, I calculate if I get the visa, in that time I will finish the English advanced. Can I present, in the actually some certificate from my school that I can show I am studying?

It is not required but it doesn't hurt if you can provide English certificate.

7. English B. Who will take my lenguage test assessments? Is the embassy in my country? I don't know anything.

I don't think you will have to take English test.

ROCIO LIVELY

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hello Cathy, really thank very much for the answer, I appreciate your time for write to me and your attention for my case. Really was very valuable for my, clarified my doubts. Well to more answer I have more questions. Sorry, can I ask you more. Really thank very much, maybe you know more:

I appreciate your time for some answer.

These are the questions:

1. How is about this paper in summary, we are a little confused...

2. Which is the correct step?:

3. My husband have his PDF, he first have to do is send to the government this paper, and when approved how sponsorship, they after must communicate with me and give me the order for go to the doctor?

4. How is the order... I think first is all the PDF togather....his PDF and my PDF and are send to the Ontario.

5. The old passport and other documents complementaries, also like contract, voucher, emails, all those documents in spanish, I should also send to translate, also

6. I didn't see in the forms for spouse, if I need present certificate domiciliary where in the actually I am living in my country.

7. What about the documents that have expiration and it lose the time, because takes time the process of the visa. I need send others after..? For example, in my country the paper about the police have expiration 3 months but the government of Canada check my package newly in 7 month... What I need do?

ABOUT CHECK MEDICAL

8. In this case I read and says that this document have expiration for 12 month, but the process for the visa can take 2 years, so I should send other? The government will communicate with me?

9. The result to doctor, that he give me, it's need also to translate?

10. The government have to give to me, the order for I can go to the doctor?
When the government to Canada send me the forms for I can go to the doctor?

11. Where can I get the forms 1017E IMM for I will go to the doctor?

12. The paper from the doctor will give me, I have to put together and with the other papers?

Thank very much, for their time, the patience.

Rocio Lively

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
When you send your application CIC will stamp it with a date. If your medical is valid on the date your package has been stamped the clock stops running and your medical will be VALID during the whole processing time.

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ROCIO LIVELY said:
Hello Cathy, really thank very much for the answer, I appreciate your time for write to me and your attention for my case. Really was very valuable for my, clarified my doubts. Well to more answer I have more questions. Sorry, can I ask you more. Really thank very much, maybe you know more:

These are the questions:

3. My husband have his PDF, he first have to do is send to the government this paper, and when approved how sponsorship, they after must communicate with me and give me the order for go to the doctor?

4. How is the order... I think first is all the PDF togather....his PDF and my PDF and are send to the Ontario.

5. The old passport and other documents complementaries, also like contract, voucher, emails, all those documents in spanish, I should also send to translate, also

6. I didn't see in the forms for spouse, if I need present certificate domiciliary where in the actually I am living in my country.

7. What about the documents that have expiration and it lose the time, because takes time the process of the visa. I need send others after..? For example, in my country the paper about the police have expiration 3 months but the government of Canada check my package newly in 7 month... What I need do?

ABOUT CHECK MEDICAL

8. In this case I read and says that this document have expiration for 12 month, but the process for the visa can take 2 years, so I should send other? The government will communicate with me?

12. The paper from the doctor will give me, I have to put together and with the other papers?

Rocio Lively
Hi Rocio,

Please read CIC website first then you will get very clear idea of what you should do.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf

Cheers,

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
MaryLou6 said:
When you send your application CIC will stamp it with a date. If your medical is valid on the date your package has been stamped the clock stops running and your medical will be VALID during the whole processing time.

Your medical is valid for 1 year ,unless the CIC decides to extend your medical . So it is in your best interest to get your medical done at the last moment before submitting you application. Correction your medical is not valid the whole processing time unless they decide to extend it. We have no say over this matter. If Cic requires you to do another medical it is entirely up to their discretion.

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ROCIO LIVELY said:

These are the questions:

ABOUT CHECK MEDICAL

Rocio Lively
I can help with two of your questions:
After medical exam, the doctor will give you one Emedical information sheet which has your pic , UMI number and barcode on it. You should send it along with other application forms.

For police check and medical, you try to get them done just before you send application.

Good luck