+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Wondering what does it indicate in the application to have fingerprints requested as opposed to not have them requested?
Same question goes for RQ?

In other words, if an applicant at the same time in the same local office had figerprints requested or RQ, while another did not, would that mean that the other's application is going more smoothly?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FPs are requested if the Applicant's name triggers an alert of some sort...
The RCMP runs the prints to validate if the Applicant is good to proceed further...

RQs are triggered based on many factors...
Alot of travelling, constant address changes, breaks in work history etc...

Generally application without FP & RQ requests proceed more smootly than the others...

Good Luck!

Oct13 said:
Wondering what does it indicate in the application to have fingerprints requested as opposed to not have them requested?
Same question goes for RQ?

In other words, if an applicant at the same time in the same local office had figerprints requested or RQ, while another did not, would that mean that the other's application is going more smoothly?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
daktrader said:
FPs are requested if the Applicant's name triggers an alert of some sort...
The RCMP runs the prints to validate if the Applicant is good to proceed further...

RQs are triggered based on many factors...
Alot of travelling, constant address changes, breaks in work history etc...

Generally application without FP & RQ requests proceed more smootly than the others...

Good Luck!
And does the step that may require RQ happen before the one that may require FP?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FPs are requested once the backround checkes are run/renewed...
RQs usually happen after the FP unless the FPs expire and have to be requested again...
FP reports are valid for 1 year.

Oct13 said:
And does the step that may require RQ happen before the one that may require FP?

Guldad

May 19, 2014
This is related to a potential issue with the 2nd submission of my fingerprints to CIC in July 2013.

In May 2012, I was asked by CIC to do and submit my fingerprints. I did that.

In July 2013 I was asked by CIC to submit my fingerprints once again. I did not do fresh fingerprints, and just sent a Paper copy of my previous year’s fingerprints to CIC St John’s office. I actually called CIC and was told that was okay. However, now I think that was a mistake; as just recently I contacted RCMP and was informed that the only application they have is May 2012 (and not July 2013).

My point is: the fingerprints taken in May 2012 were not valid in July 2013, and RCMP website says they destroy the old fingerprints after sometime which they do not search for future purposes.

Now, since April 2013 (after I wrote my Citizenship Test), whenever I call CIC to enquire about the status of my application, they say they are waiting for verification of my fingerprints by RCMP (the last thing, they say, to be done on my application); while RCMP is not doing that on my expired fingerprints.

I am just wondering if I do fresh fingerprints and send that to RCMP, so that RCMP is able to do their verification and CIC is able to resume processing my application.

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
The more you are undecided on what next to do, the more you make your waiting period longer. I believe the best thing to do is what you have suggested in the last paragraph of your last post; do a new fingerprints test and send them to the CIC. I hope that will set the machinery rolling again in your application processing.