+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fingerprint question...confused

wildtoucan

Jun 7, 2012
My husband is american citizen and we went to rcmp station to have prints done....lady said they do both ink and digital but that digital is faster to get results back. She sats they mail them to ottawa for us. I told her that his need to be sent yo usa fbi headquarters and she says they only send to ottawa and cant give me digital prints. So am confused as i read on here usa citizens getting digitals ones in canada. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Of course we all want whats fastest turnaround! Thx

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi there,
Usually there is an application form or finger print card sometimes all in one form that comes from the country you are trying to apply for.
In this case the FBI has an application form and a finger print card.
You have to obtain one or if allowed print one form the website.
And bring this to the rcmp for the actual finger printing not the digital one.
Ones the form are completed, finger printed and signed by the rcmp officer etc.
You can now use it to apply for a clearance.

Info on this site.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

wildtoucan

Jun 7, 2012
Thanks! Darn, was hoping could use digital prints since quicker turn around but better stick to ink....sounds like though most police stations are doing away with ink and going digital only, so cic may have to make changes....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wildtoucan said:
Thanks! Darn, was hoping could use digital prints since quicker turn around but better stick to ink....sounds like though most police stations are doing away with ink and going digital only, so cic may have to make changes....
It is the FBI that needs to make changes, they require the Ink and Roll fingerprints.

wildtoucan

Jun 7, 2012
Apparently according to fbi, wecould of done digital prints. Canada rcmp mails them directly for you there...is faster.