+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding jobs in Canada

CHLOEKTW

Jun 7, 2009
I am a United States citizen and currently hold a very good job with the State of Florida. My current job as an Vocational instructor qualifies me on the FSW list however, I’ve been looking for a job for the past 3-4 weeks now using the Canada’s job bank website and no response from any employer. I have been applying to vocational instructor positions and rehabilitation counseling positions but nothing. Has any one been through this difficulty finding work in Canada? What is going on? Is it the current job market? Or is it that they don’t want to hire foreigners.. Please let me know

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe your occupation is just not in such demand that yours is the only application. You see, even if they really wanted to hire you, if they get an application from a Canadian or a PR who is qualified, they would not be able to get approval to hire a foreigner. I suggest you try to contact employers directly and open up a line of communication. Try to discuss with them if you have a chance. If you get to talk to somebody, it means they are more likely to take a look at your CV when you send it.

CHLOEKTW

Jun 7, 2009
I understand what is happenig now. so do you think that I should apply for the FSW and once I get the PR begin looking for work?

kaushik

May 27, 2009
In this case, after getting a PR, can a person get a job in canada sitting in his home country? In my case, I stay in India. Many people after getting PR just leave the job in their home country [become jobless], move to canada and then start hunting jobs there. So, my question is after PR is it possible to get job sitting in INdia? I am in IT industry. I dont want to leave current job unless I have offer from Canadian employer. May be can we go to canada after getting PR for 2-3 weeks for just giving interview and then resign from current job? Seniors please reply when you have time.

Regards,

Kaushik Vaidya.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can go "land" in Canada and combine it with a vacation while you wait for your PR card to be mailed to you (takes about a month). Use that time to do interviews and look for jobs. If you get one, you can be ready to give notice for your job at home and move to Canada and if you don't, you can go back home and maybe take another job-hunting vacation in Canada later or look for jobs on the web.