+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find work permit

Feb 9, 2024
Hi everyone! I'd like to know more about getting work permit in Canada and having visa for traveling, what are processes? Please aid me I'm without acquaintance concerning travel.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi everyone! I'd like to know more about getting work permit in Canada and having visa for traveling, what are processes? Please aid me I'm without acquaintance concerning travel.
Hi,

You Google "work permit Canada," and then you read the requirements on the Canadian Government's website.

Cheerio

Reactions: foodie69

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is not easy to get a WP if you are planning on arriving on a TRV and trying to get a WP. For most jobs then employer will need to get an LMIA first which will show that there is nobody in Canada who is able to do the job. Even in successful many wait 6+ months for a WP which would mean you would need to arrive with significant savings

Gogo1975

Feb 15, 2024
Because i am visiting Canada now but the immigration officer give me a notice to leave the country on a certain date he only give me a month after I have to leave one of the officer try to cancel my entry in Canada he was very disrespectful towards me he even trying to change my ticket number from number 15 to number 30 so I can suffer on the line waiting they treated me very badly I feel humiliated has a US citizen the officer was screening at me asking me he want to see my bank account very disrespectful but finally one female officer feels sorry for me and she help me with my entrée

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a us citizen i need to know if can apply for a work permit in Canada
No you cannot. US citizen gives no benefit. You need to find a Canadian employer will to file and pay for a LMIA proving no Canadian/PR has the experience/education to do the job, only you. With LMIA you apply for a closed work permit with reference letters, ECA and possible IELTS.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because i am visiting Canada now but the immigration officer give me a notice to leave the country on a certain date he only give me a month after I have to leave one of the officer try to cancel my entry in Canada he was very disrespectful towards me he even trying to change my ticket number from number 15 to number 30 so I can suffer on the line waiting they treated me very badly I feel humiliated has a US citizen the officer was screening at me asking me he want to see my bank account very disrespectful but finally one female officer feels sorry for me and she help me with my entrée
What does US citizen have to do with anything? You may have been given a hard time because it seems you plan on staying and trying to find a job with LMIA to apply for a closed work permit. If trying to get a job, CBSA wants to know that you can support yourself as it will take months to get a job with closed work permit. CBSA can deny entry for that.