+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find job for mechanical engineer staying in USA, citizen of India

Jan 2, 2013
Hello,
I am a new visitor to this site and forum. I found people are replying, sharing info to help others. Its a motivational for the first step.

My questions:
1. I am mechanical engineer from India and worked for 4 years in India. From last 18 months I am working in USA. My area of expertise is Design engineering. In some of these threads I found that Canadian experience is must for most of Canadian jobs. Is US experience helpful in getting job in Canada?
2. I have applied for many jobs in my field from workpolis, job bank, indeed but no luck. Is there any good consultancy or placement agency who can help me out?
3. In USA there are many Employer just sponsor H1 visa and subcontract to other companies. Is there any employers like this?
Any help is appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Thanks for visiting my post, have a wonderful day ahead.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Somewhat helpful.
2. No - there really aren't any. Some make promises so be very careful of scams.
3. No - there aren't unfortunately. You just have to keep applying through sites such as monster.ca, workopolis, and the Canadian Job Bank - and hopefully you'll get lucky.

Good luck.

rajandev

Sep 16, 2015
Hi ,
Im very new to this forum. I came across your post while I was searching jobs in USA. You mentioned that there are many openings for mechanical engineers and companies who can sponsor visa. Can you please share some details at my personal mail mechorajan@gmail.com . I have around 9 yrs work experience in India and across Middle east.
Wish you good luck with Canada . I would be trying as that well
Thanks
Rajan