+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FINANCIAL PROOF 2025

Oct 3, 2024
Hello all,

I got accepted into a foundation program which is essentially a pathway program that allows you to study a bachelor degree after completing the foundation year and I will be applying for a study permit soon. I have paid my tuition fees in full for the first year and because i am 17 paid for homestay for my course duration in full too. My question is would the visa officer count my home stay fees as part of the 20k required living expenses? I currently have another 10k in my fathers bank account as an addition which would get me to the minimum 20k proof of living expenses, would having only the minimum be a problem as i plan to complete my undergraduate studies? I would ultimately need to renew my permit after my one year program, wouldn't that be in my favor as the officer wouldn't need to worry if i have funds for the rest 4 years because i will get my permit extension refused if i dont? My father works around 10k CAD yearly + he has assets ( land,house, car) that should amount to 150k CAD. How strong is my application??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I got accepted into a foundation program which is essentially a pathway program that allows you to study a bachelor degree after completing the foundation year and I will be applying for a study permit soon. I have paid my tuition fees in full for the first year and because i am 17 paid for homestay for my course duration in full too. My question is would the visa officer count my home stay fees as part of the 20k required living expenses? I currently have another 10k in my fathers bank account as an addition which would get me to the minimum 20k proof of living expenses, would having only the minimum be a problem as i plan to complete my undergraduate studies? I would ultimately need to renew my permit after my one year program, wouldn't that be in my favor as the officer wouldn't need to worry if i have funds for the rest 4 years because i will get my permit extension refused if i dont? My father works around 10k CAD yearly + he has assets ( land,house, car) that should amount to 150k CAD. How strong is my application??
How exactly are you going to be able to fund a university bachelors degree?

Oct 3, 2024
How exactly are you going to be able to fund a university bachelors degree?
Do you mean after finishing my first year? My dad will sell an asset which should be enough for the whole duration but i cant mention that now as the officer will probably not consider it. Due to my countries detrimental inflation , people don't keep money in banks unless needed so my father is waiting until i need the money.

constant123

Oct 2, 2024
Because your study is 4 years. After showing funds for first year, you must show documentation of how you will pay for subsequent years, preferably your father employment documents backed by a letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support. Add The properties to support your application as asset .

Oct 3, 2024
Because your study is 4 years. After showing funds for first year, you must show documentation of how you will pay for subsequent years, preferably your father employment documents backed by a letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support. Add The properties to support your application as asset .
He has been working for the same company for around 5 years now and has an annual salary of 10k CAD which he can get the pay slips etc for . I just don't know how to proof that my father will sell his assets which he will do before my first year ends. I just don't know how the visa officer will accept that or not. Can I get a letter from the bank stating that a loan for X amount ( amount that should cover the 4 years) can be granted anytime with my fathers asset as collateral ? do you think my need to renew my permit will work out in my favor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He has been working for the same company for around 5 years now and has an annual salary of 10k CAD which he can get the pay slips etc for . I just don't know how to proof that my father will sell his assets which he will do before my first year ends. I just don't know how the visa officer will accept that or not. Can I get a letter from the bank stating that a loan for X amount ( amount that should cover the 4 years) can be granted anytime with my fathers asset as collateral ? do you think my need to renew my permit will work out in my favor?
What university are you attending? Could easily cost over 150k especially with living expenses. It is so incredibly risky for your parents to liquidate their assets for you to come to Canada for 5 years with no guarantee you’ll be able to remain in Canada. Even if you do get PR there is no guarantee of parental sponsorship and your parents would have sold all their assets. Why not do your undergrad in your home country and apply to do a masters in Canada?

Oct 3, 2024
What university are you attending? Could easily cost over 150k especially with living expenses. It is so incredibly risky for your parents to liquidate their assets for you to come to Canada for 5 years with no guarantee you’ll be able to remain in Canada. Even if you do get PR there is no guarantee of parental sponsorship and your parents would have sold all their assets. Why not do your undergrad in your home country and apply to do a masters in Canada?
Did you read what I said? They already allocated me this money wayyyyy long ago. They just have it as an asset so it can increase in price etc. They’re not risking anything plus my father thankfully has more than one asset , he would only need to sell one. As for the tuition fees, it will come around 90k for the 4 years, I will be working for my living fees. Regardless, isn’t my situation the 90% of people that apply? I just need someone to give me his opinion.

Oct 3, 2024
Did you read what I said? They already allocated me this money wayyyyy long ago. They just have it as an asset so it can increase in price etc. They’re not risking anything plus my father thankfully has more than one asset , he would only need to sell one. As for the tuition fees, it will come around 90k for the 4 years, I will be working for my living fees. Regardless, isn’t my situation the 90% of people that apply? I just need someone to give me his opinion.
I also forget to mention that I do not plan to apply for PR after finishing my education. My reasoning for studying abroad is I was in an international school my whole life and can actually speak English better than my native language and our school is known to place their graduates abroad with most of my colleagues opting for the UK which would make sense because it’s a British school but the UK,USA etc were just so out of my parents budget. Also education here is so bad it’s pretty much non existent for my major and would cost just slightly less than Canada.

constant123

Oct 2, 2024
I also forget to mention that I do not plan to apply for PR after finishing my education. My reasoning for studying abroad is I was in an international school my whole life and can actually speak English better than my native language and our school is known to place their graduates abroad with most of my colleagues opting for the UK which would make sense because it’s a British school but the UK,USA etc were just so out of my parents budget. Also education here is so bad it’s pretty much non existent for my major and would cost just slightly less than Canada.
As earlier advised,.
1. Show receipts for the first year tuition and upkeep you have paid.
2. Let your father write a letter of sponsorship, stating his employment benefit and also emphasize the value of real estate and affirming that payment for subsequent years will come from a combination of salary and real estate investment/asset. Include affividavit of support. his employment documents, payslip and bank statements etc. Also show the documents for the properties/value and include your birth certificate. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your father earns 10k a yr and has limited cash savings so yes will likely be an issue. You are unlikely to be able to work enough to actually support your living expenses which is why 150k+ is a more realistic budget for 5 yrs in Canada. You may not even be able to pay rent with a part-time salary. You are limited to 20hrs per week and that may not even be possible if studying at a reputable school which is demanding academically.

Oct 3, 2024
Your father earns 10k a yr and has limited cash savings so yes will likely be an issue. You are unlikely to be able to work enough to actually support your living expenses which is why 150k+ is a more realistic budget for 5 yrs in Canada. You may not even be able to pay rent with a part-time salary. You are limited to 20hrs per week and that may not even be possible if studying at a reputable school which is demanding academically.
Do most people really apply with 150-200k in their sponsors bank account? That doesn’t seem realistic at all. Also the asset my father plans to sell is indeed 150k anyways.

Oct 3, 2024
As earlier advised,.
1. Show receipts for the first year tuition and upkeep you have paid.
2. Let your father write a letter of sponsorship, stating his employment benefit and also emphasize the value of real estate and affirming that payment for subsequent years will come from a combination of salary and real estate investment/asset. Include affividavit of support. his employment documents, payslip and bank statements etc. Also show the documents for the properties/value and include your birth certificate. Good luck.
Thanks man. I’m sorry to re-ask the question but

1: Can I get a letter from the bank stating that a loan for X amount ( amount that should cover the 4 years) can be granted anytime with my fathers asset as collateral ?

2:do you think my need to renew my permit will work out in my favour as the visa officer wouldn’t probably need to blindly trust me that I will get the money cause he knows I have to get the money in a year max.

these are my last 2 questions. Sorry for bothering yall

constant123

Oct 2, 2024
Thanks man. I’m sorry to re-ask the question but

1: Can I get a letter from the bank stating that a loan for X amount ( amount that should cover the 4 years) can be granted anytime with my fathers asset as collateral ?

2:do you think my need to renew my permit will work out in my favour as the visa officer wouldn’t probably need to blindly trust me that I will get the money cause he knows I have to get the money in a year max.

these are my last 2 questions. Sorry for bothering yall
1. Your father should state emphatically in the letter of sponsorship that he will support you in subsequent year with income from salary and property investment and include the bank reference letters.
2. Focus on getting your study permit, you can always renew/extend your permit at the appropriate time once you arrive Canada. Extensions are much easier than initial approval. Once again Good luck.

Oct 3, 2024
1. Your father should state emphatically in the letter of sponsorship that he will support you in subsequent year with income from salary and property investment and include the bank reference letters.
2. Focus on getting your study permit, you can always renew/extend your permit at the appropriate time once you arrive Canada. Extensions are much easier than initial approval. Once again Good luck.
hey Constant ,

Thanks. What i meant by the second point is in most undergraduate cases the permit is issued for 4 years but this is not the case for me as i would need to finish my 1 year course first. So by doing that the visa officer knows that i would need to bring the financial requirements within a year of my enrollment or otherwise my extension permit will get refused. So he wouldn't need to trust my dads words for that matter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do most people really apply with 150-200k in their sponsors bank account? That doesn’t seem realistic at all. Also the asset my father plans to sell is indeed 150k anyways.
Yes most international students who come to do a university bachelor’s degree have significant savings. The fact that your father is planning on liquidating assets in the future is no guarantee that he will sell, will find a buyer, will get a certain price, etc.