+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Planning Jobs in Canada

abooth81

Jun 25, 2008
Hey all,

I just have a question. What is a Financial Planner or Financial Advisor called in Canada. I am a financial planner in australia and my wife is from Canada. Now we have thought about moving back to canada for good but I have searched for financial planning jobs and nothing at all comes up. I mean Nothing.

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

To give you an idea a Financial Planner gives advice on Superannuation. Life insurance (Risk and Investments). Managed Investments, Shares, Securities etc.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
use this site to search for your profession, what regulations may apply to it in Canada, and what the job market is like at the moment.

www.workingincanada.gc.ca/tool

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a few hits on http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_en.aspx?ProvId=99&Keyword=financial+advisor&Sources=JobBank&Student=No Maybe just depends on where you look.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write down a list of your pros and cons. Toss a coin. Toss a coin best out of three. Then in the end, disregard the lists and coin tosses and do what you want. Or just do what your wife wants. It's better.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
I came across lots of Financial Advisory firms in Canada. Edward Jones is the best, followed by Freedom 55 Financial. Also, Manulife Financial is good. As far as i know they are always looking for people to work for them. But Mostly its commission based.

But since the market conditions in North America are not doing great at this time, I am not sure how many people are willing to invest right now. You would have heard that lots of people right now are loosing job's.
Of course if you can get into something big (Risk and Investments) you will sure do good.