+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial evaluation (IMM 1283) and Supplementary Information (IMM 5562)

leiannev

Dec 12, 2023
Hi, me (sponsor) and husband(principal applicant) have a daughter together. Me and my daughter are Canadian citizens and my husband is a US citizen.
I'm really confused whether if I need to fill out the Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283). It says "Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring(your spouse) has one or more dependent child(ren), who has one or more dependent child(ren) of their own.", from my understanding technically our daughter is not a dependent in terms of the application, since she is already a Canadian citizen, right? So if she's not a dependent does that mean I have wouldn't have to fill out the financial evaluation form (IMM 1283)?

The reason I'm really confused is because I keep thinking that okay my husband has 1 child, our daughter, and my brain is thinking that he has 1 child so does that mean I have to fill it out? but also seeing the "DEPENDENT CHILD" confuses me. Because from my understanding a "dependent child/dependent" is someone who is NOT a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. So my daughter is not considered his dependent child right? and obviously I'm not a dependent too, right?

Also the Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562), Does my husband need to fill it out too? If yes, He never travelled outside of US and the only time he travelled was when he moved here. So Does he put a check mark on "did not travel" OR He still needs to put the travel he did when he moved here to Canada? Also he doesn't need to put anything Under spouse or dependent children since me and my daughter are not considered as his dependents, right?

Oh please help me, my brain is going crazy, I have been reading so many things over the last weeks and each time read I get confused even more. I read them over and over again but it's not registering in my brain. I get confuse with the way they word stuff in the forms. I know most of my questions are really repetitive but all I need is a confirmation that I'm understanding everything right and doing everything right for this application. I just want and need for this application to go right. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
"Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring(your spouse) has one or more dependent child(ren), who has one or more dependent child(ren) of their own.",

If your dependent child does not have a dependent child , no, this does not apply to you.