+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally Visa, Approved !

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Finally yesterday I received my passport stamped and approved !

I would really want to tell everyone please never give up and do not lose hope at all !
I got my visa in the second attempt!

I had applied applied for my study visa from mumbai vfs on March 17 2015 for May 2015 intake under general category !

My file was processing in New Delhi and on March 26th I got my passport dispatched status at 4.20 pm, I got super worried and thought I had lost all hopes as during my previous refusal the same thing happened I just got a dispatch mail while the others got an approval mail so I though its over and I had given up!

But, the next day when I was on my way to collect my passport from the Vfs I got an approval mail at around 1.58 pm on 27th March!
Next was a stamped visa which I collected!

So guys please don't lose hope a dispatch mail does not always mean rejection !

I am going for Internet Programming and database management( coop) course to Lambton College, Sarnia

My profile is

SSC - 85%
HSC- 50%
Bsc It (graduated in 2014) - 54% , 4 backlogs
IELTS- 7.5

Also there is no rule that some one with below 60% cannot get visa all these are myths . Please do not try to compare your case with some one else and get yourself depressed just work hard on your case and you will definitely make it !

Stay blessed and Thank you everyone on this forum who really helped a lot :)

Good Luck to everyone :)

P.S. This was my second attempt I had applied under spp earlier for January 2015 intake and got refused for other reasons.

varun_123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 july 2015
IELTS Request
done 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 july 2015
Med's Done....
11-07-15
Interview........
N.A.
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
hopefully soon (;
thanks for motivation,
i also got 54 % in graduation.
what document you have submitted along with your visa file ?

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Congrats and thank you for sharing! :)

By the way, what was the reason for the first refusal and how did you manage to cope up with it?

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
varun_123 said:
thanks for motivation,
i also got 54 % in graduation.
what document you have submitted along with your visa file ?
Thanks A lot :)

Prevsly I had been refused for other reasons .

I called for my caips and they had mentioned there that my % is 40.56 accdng to thm which is not acceptable and doesnt prove me to be a bonafide student !

There was a misconception of calculation I belev cuz tey calculated my percentage accdng to the gpa printed in my marksheets .

They assumed it was a gpa on scale of 10 and considered it that way .

So I explained that the mumbai university follows a 7 point grading system and gpa is calculated accdng to that and I showed them the working of my % how it cums up to 54% and I got that entire calculation attested by the mumbai university . I got a letter from the university stating my % gpa and grade and the grading system if the university !

I got a recommendation letter from my college in India .
A support letter from lambton college stating that my acdemics are perfct suited for the course I am going .

I added the grading system manual of mumbai university to show the grading system !

I wrote a sop clarifyng the same . This was all the additional stuff I added

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Floje said:
Congrats and thank you for sharing! :)

By the way, what was the reason for the first refusal and how did you manage to cope up with it?
I just mentioned it in the post above ! I hope this helps :)

varun_123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 july 2015
IELTS Request
done 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 july 2015
Med's Done....
11-07-15
Interview........
N.A.
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
hopefully soon (;
ConfusedGirl93 said:
Thanks A lot :)

Prevsly I had been refused for other reasons .

I called for my caips and they had mentioned there that my % is 40.56 accdng to thm which is not acceptable and doesnt prove me to be a bonafide student !

There was a misconception of calculation I belev cuz tey calculated my percentage accdng to the gpa printed in my marksheets .

They assumed it was a gpa on scale of 10 and considered it that way .

So I explained that the mumbai university follows a 7 point grading system and gpa is calculated accdng to that and I showed them the working of my % how it cums up to 54% and I got that entire calculation attested by the mumbai university . I got a letter from the university stating my % gpa and grade and the grading system if the university !

I got a recommendation letter from my college in India .
A support letter from lambton college stating that my acdemics are perfct suited for the course I am going .

I added the grading system manual of mumbai university to show the grading system !

I wrote a sop clarifyng the same . This was all the additional stuff I added
thanks for sharing your details and you really managed well.
btw can you please give an idea what to write in financial support form/affidavit ??

like i am going to apply under university category,
my grades are 10th- 72 %
12th- 59%
B.A - 54% (2011)
Gap for 4 years (covered)
and going for PG diploma in human resource management according to my work experience in retail.
i have paid first semester fee and GIC and also want to attach financial support letter from my brother.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Thank you ConfusedGirl93 for the reply. But how were you able to get the support letter from Lambton College? Did you request for it? :)

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
ConfusedGirl93 said:
I just mentioned it in the post above ! I hope this helps :)
Many cograts u r sooo lucky...i also applied second time hope this time i got visa but still my application is not in process only status shows open...i jst want to know wn u submit ur application same time ur application in process or u wait a lot...i submit my applicatin on 5 march n till now status is open wat to do now m very depressed...its almost a month going to complete...wn i can count the processing time?

Sunnyb227

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2015
IELTS Request
6 bands
File Transfer...
22/10/2015
Med's Done....
24/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
02/11/2015
LANDED..........
26/12/2015
Congratulations :) best of luck for your future
What doc u submitted?

Mar 17, 2015
my case is similar like u
10th-67%
12th-63%
bca-53%
mca-6.23spi(57% clearly written on marksheet) 4 blacklogs
ielts-6.5

i apply for may intake in computer programmer in diploma and got rejection under other category.
i did not apply for caips but many people say this is due to selecting diploma after master most diploma programme rejected after bachlors too.
now i am planning to select information technology solution(post graduate certificate) in humber clg in may intake.
as my acadamics are same i dont think my low result will be a problem.
can anyone tell me chances of getting visa this time?

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
varun_123 said:
thanks for sharing your details and you really managed well.
btw can you please give an idea what to write in financial support form/affidavit ??

like i am going to apply under university category,
my grades are 10th- 72 %
12th- 59%
B.A - 54% (2011)
Gap for 4 years (covered)
and going for PG diploma in human resource management according to my work experience in retail.
i have paid first semester fee and GIC and also want to attach financial support letter from my brother.
Umm support of finance I have no idea as I dint attach that kind of letter !

I had just put an affidavit of parent gaurdian stating they would be financing me ! That is what my agent gave me , I can mail it you if you want inbox me ur email id !

Just attach documents to explain ur case ! If in spp I dont think anything is needed!

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Floje said:
Thank you ConfusedGirl93 for the reply. But how were you able to get the support letter from Lambton College? Did you request for it? :)
Yes, I told them I was rejected on the basis of qualifications and I would appreciate if the college could provide me a letter to support my visa file .

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Rabs84 said:
Many cograts u r sooo lucky...i also applied second time hope this time i got visa but still my application is not in process only status shows open...i jst want to know wn u submit ur application same time ur application in process or u wait a lot...i submit my applicatin on 5 march n till now status is open wat to do now m very depressed...its almost a month going to complete...wn i can count the processing time?
Thanks A lot !

Yes , in my case as soon as I dropped my file at the vfs I got a mail that they have recieved my application and then in the evening I tracked down my status and it showed its processing at New Delhi !

I put my file on 18th March 2015 and recieved my apprvl mail on 27th March 2015 !

So within 7 working days !

In my previous attempt it took a month !
So processing times differ case to case .

ConfusedGirl93

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Sunnyb227 said:
Congratulations :) best of luck for your future
What doc u submitted?
Thank you so much :)

I put papers as per the generic checklist and I mentioned in the prevs posts abt the additional documnts I added to justify my prevs rejection !