waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Serabeth said:
Hi, so for this application the directions state: "The principal applicant, their spouse, and all dependent children must complete their own copy of this form." Does this mean that my spouse (who is to be my sponsor) must also fill out his own copy? Also the present address/email section is a little confusing since I don't currently live with my spouse. Do I fill out our individual addresses and put both of our emails? Or just his since it's under his section?
Thanks
if your sponsor is your spouse, then he does not need to fill out any applicant forms. he only fills out the sponsor forms. the spouse they are referring to in the application is when a couple is being sponsored togther by a third person.

yes, put YOUR present address and email as the applicant. again, your sponsor is not considered your "spouse" when filling out these forms (except for the additional family info form). So if they are asking for your spouse's address and phone number, leave it blank. that is if your spouse is also being sponsored for PR, which is not the case here. IT is perfectly acceptable for a sponsor and applicant to have separate mailing addresses when applying outland. The sponsor's contact information will go on the sponsor forms. if no email is provided, then CIC will not contact you about decisions by email, only by regular mail. it is highly recommended email addresses for the applicant and sponsor are listed on their respective application.

Serabeth

Apr 9, 2014
Thank you for clarifying this but now I'm curious if I need to put my spouse's information in this section at all- for name, birthday, etc?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Serabeth said:
Thank you for clarifying this but now I'm curious if I need to put my spouse's information in this section at all- for name, birthday, etc?
again, NO! The "spouse" being referred to is if your spouse was also being sponsored for PR. Your spouse is your sponsor, not your spouse for the application. i believe the only place the sponsor needs to be listed as a spouse is on the additional family information form.

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
For this form, the guide says to list all family information and siblings. If there are no accompanying members at all except for the person being sponsored, should family members still be listed? Is this form required at all if there are no accompanying members?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
teamduckie said:
For this form, the guide says to list all family information and siblings. If there are no accompanying members at all except for the person being sponsored, should family members still be listed? Is this form required at all if there are no accompanying members?
what is the name and number of the form. i can't answer your question when you say "this form" because i don't know what form you are referring to.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
teamduckie said:
Additional Family Information IMM5406
yes, you must list your sponsor spouse, parents, and siblings on the ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFO FORM IMM 5406. this form will be used by cic for future sponsorship eligibility checks.

each person does NOT need to fill out a separate form, only the principle applicant does. so your sponsor spouse, parents and siblings do NOT fill out this form. again, when forms specify who needs to fill out forms, it is ONLY the person being sponsored, not the sponsor or other family members not listed on the application. "family members" means ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE APPLYING TO BE SPONSORED BY A PR. If you are the only applicant, and you have no dependants, then ONLY you fill out applicant forms.

Pakster84

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2015
rhcohen2014 is right!

A person in another thread misunderstood the instructions of the IMM5406 document and didn't include it in their packet when they sent it off to CPC-M. They got a request asking for the form. Good luck!

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hi all,

i am in the same proces of completing last steps,just to confirm some questions,could any one here tell me,
1. what should i write in explanation letter i am providing in place of "form C".as i live in US for more than 5 years and have not paid taxes in Canada as i do not live there.

2. i am working in L.A California,and living with my wife.where should i mail my forms,i mean which office?

3. what is the fees i have to pay,i am sponsoring my wife and i have a 3 months old son too,do i have to pay his fees also?

thanks a lot.