Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Currently in my final semester of study (fall2019) and will be graduating in a couple of weeks after a 5 year program. I worked fill time during reading week and will be working full time during Christmas break for the company that I will be be joining full time after I apply for PGWP.

However, I did not work during the summer, this year due to an extended vacation.

I recently heard that I can't work during scheduled breaks during the final semester. Would this be something of great concern when I apply for PGWP ?

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Currently in my final semester of study (fall2019) and will be graduating in a couple of weeks after a 5 year program. I worked fill time during reading week and will be working full time during Christmas break for the company that I will be be joining full time after I apply for PGWP.

However, I did not work during the summer, this year due to an extended vacation.

I recently heard that I can't work during scheduled breaks during the final semester. Would this be something of great concern when I apply for PGWP ?
You can work full time during your schedule breaks only if the break is a part of the DLI’s academic calendar. Mostly winter breaks, summer breaks and reading weeks are part of DLI calendar but just confirm with your school to be on safe side.

Many of my clients are students and they work full time during regularly scheduled breaks between academic sessions regardless of their course load.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Working during reading break was fine.

However, as this is your last semester, then as of your last exam, you are finished your studies and it is no longer a scheduled break. You are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week until receiving written confirmation of your program completion, at which point you can apply for a PGWP and work full-time or you must stop working.

To be clear, if you work more than 20 hours per week over the Christmas holidays after finishing your studies, you will be working illegally.

akalanka1988

Nov 15, 2023

Hi ;

what was the outcome for your PGWP ? I am in the same situation ?