+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling up Forms (IM 0008 Generic) I need help

jrc0508

Jun 5, 2010
Hi there! I'm currently filling up the IM 0008 for my Permanent Residence Application. I'm just getting a bit confused about the FAMILY MEMBERS. I'm married to a Canadian and I know I don't need to write his name on there. Should I declare my parents and siblings as family members on that form? I know there is another form asking for Additional Family Member information.

Thanks in advance for those who will reply.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
This is what the form says to do:

"You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

So you wouldn't put your spouse because they are the Canadian who is sponsoring you.

It only says spouse or partner, and children so the rest of the family doesnt go on the form.

I know the form is somewhat confusing but I found that if I read the instructions several times it usually told me what I should be doing.

jrc0508

Jun 5, 2010
Yah, same here... Kinda figured things out after posting this question and read the guide for a dozen of times.. Thanks a lot!

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
hi seniors,

pls advise that I have conducted studies at different city while degree comes from university of wales, what should i mention on the form where it asks about city and country. and can we resize the text int he acrobat reader

regards
mrshah