+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling the tourist visa application form

Bizhan

Jun 26, 2017
hello all:
I have 2 questions regarding to filling visit visa application form.
1)about qustion 8:i landede in canada in 1997 and exit 2002 i was permanent resident but i didnt apply for PR cart,so what should i write in this section?
Shoul i say i was permanent resident of canada or nothing say??i read in the filling guid if somebody live any other country in last 5 year.
2)about visa refued: i asked for travel document in 2012 but they refused it.they ask me to appeal and i did and my cause dissmissed.my qustion is that should i say i apply for canada visa and my visa rejected???or i should write nothing??
I just asked for travel document not for visa
Thank you for anybody help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
So, did you renounce your PR status at all? It is not automatically removed if you do not fulfill the residency obligation, you must apply to renounce it. That may be why your travel document application was rejected.

If you never renounced your PR status, you will also be rejected for a visitor visa for this same reason.

It looks like you do not qualify for a visitor visa.

Bizhan

Jun 26, 2017
So, did you renounce your PR status at all? It is not automatically removed if you do not fulfill the residency obligation, you must apply to renounce it. That may be why your travel document application was rejected.

If you never renounced your PR status, you will also be rejected for a visitor visa for this same reason.

It looks like you do not qualify for a visitor visa.
Thank you for your responce:
I sent my renunce application 45 days ago but i did not get any information from it,i sent severals email to embussy but i did not get any response.
My lawer in canad ask immgration about my file,and they said that my file is clear.
Is it enogh??

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your responce:
I sent my renunce application 45 days ago but i did not get any information from it,i sent severals email to embussy but i did not get any response.
My lawer in canad ask immgration about my file,and they said that my file is clear.
Is it enogh??
If that is indeed the case, to answer your original questions, then you should declare your previous 1997 PR and rejected 2012 travel document applications truthfully.

Bizhan

Jun 26, 2017
I asked my lawer about visa rejection and he said you should not say u applied for visa and rejected.becuse i actuly did not apply for visa i just ask travel focumet to came back canada!!
What is your opinion???

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I asked my lawer about visa rejection and he said you should not say u applied for visa and rejected.becuse i actuly did not apply for visa i just ask travel focumet to came back canada!!
What is your opinion???
I already gave my opinion in my last post, and I think your lawyer is wrong. I can't force you to do something you don't want to do, it's your application.

Bizhan

Jun 26, 2017
I already gave my opinion in my last post, and I think your lawyer is wrong. I can't force you to do something you don't want to do, it's your application.
Thank you for your time and response,
And my last qustion,you mean that i should wait for immgration response for voluntarly renounce then apply for visit visa too?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your time and response,
And my last qustion,you mean that i should wait for immgration response for voluntarly renounce then apply for visit visa too?
Sorry, I can't advise you there because I don't know the procedure for PR renouncements.

There is an answer in this thread though: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-does-it-take-after-applying-for-renunciation-of-pr-status-electronically-to-get-approved.509574/