+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out forms...questions...

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Hi,

My wife and I are in the middle of filling out all of our forms right now for her Sponsorship and my PR application. A few questions (so far)...

#1- We prefer to sign the forms with ink and write the dates with ink. Can we fill all the forms out via typing and using Adobe then sign with ink, or do they want it in either all ink or all typing? Probably a silly question but just want to make sure.

#2- We plan to pay the fees later this week once we get paid. As long as we pay the fees and print the receipts before we send the packet off, the date being a few days off won't matter will it? Or do we have to pay at the same time doing the application?

#3- Filling out Form 5532 and my wife (sponsor) had a gap in 2 months of employment. Should we not leave that gap (it says DO NOT LEAVE GAPS). Or leave a gap and explain on a separate sheet of paper? Or just enter it with no gap and explain on a separate sheet of paper regardless? *edit* - I think I figured it out. We put the months in the gap then filled out the reason in the boxes next to it. Should we also include this on a separate sheet or does this work?

I'll update with further questions that arise during us filling this out. Thank you!

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 12-08-2016. PPR 12-11-16
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-16. Seminar jan. 6 2017
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
mike2007 said:
Hi,

My wife and I are in the middle of filling out all of our forms right now for her Sponsorship and my PR application. A few questions (so far)...

#1- We prefer to sign the forms with ink and write the dates with ink. Can we fill all the forms out via typing and using Adobe then sign with ink, or do they want it in either all ink or all typing? Probably a silly question but just want to make sure.

#2- We plan to pay the fees later this week once we get paid. As long as we pay the fees and print the receipts before we send the packet off, the date being a few days off won't matter will it? Or do we have to pay at the same time doing the application?

#3- Filling out Form 5532 and my wife (sponsor) had a gap in 2 months of employment. Should we not leave that gap (it says DO NOT LEAVE GAPS). Or leave a gap and explain on a separate sheet of paper? Or just enter it with no gap and explain on a separate sheet of paper regardless? *edit* - I think I figured it out. We put the months in the gap then filled out the reason in the boxes next to it. Should we also include this on a separate sheet or does this work?

I'll update with further questions that arise during us filling this out. Thank you!
Hi goodluck filling up the applications :)

1) you can fill up all the forms using adobe. But be careful, you need to validate some applications, after you validate them, you will receive barcodes and you need to submit those barcodes as well. After you fill up the forms, you can sign and date them using only BLACK INK PEN.
If the questions are not applicable for you, make sure you put N/A.

2) No, it doesn't matter as long as you pay for the package and if you want you can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (i think is 400+) later on. The whole application cost $1040. Make sure to put the receipt on top of all applications so it is easier for them to see.

3)DO NOT LEAVE GAPS. My husband wrote for ex. Jan. 2012-jan. 2014 working, and work informations. Then, jan 2014-march 2014 unemployed. Never leave gap because I think if you do, they will send your application back or will email you to send the form again without any gap(s)

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Thank you. I was able to type "N/A" in all of the blank sections besides on the actual "Application to Sponsor" form. It looks like it grayed it out to a shade of blue because it was "validated" - it won't let me type in those sections. Should I physically write "N/A" on any blank parts for the forms that don't do the validation check or will it be fine?

Thanks again!

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
mike2007 said:
Thank you. I was able to type "N/A" in all of the blank sections besides on the actual "Application to Sponsor" form. It looks like it grayed it out to a shade of blue because it was "validated" - it won't let me type in those sections. Should I physically write "N/A" on any blank parts for the forms that don't do the validation check or will it be fine?

Thanks again!
If the forms are validated then you dont have to. I know we didn't put N/A on those forms because it blacks out the questions that didn't apply to us. However, make sure put N/A to the other forms.
And tips to answering questions.. do not make them long to the point that the officer would read 5 pages for just 1 questions. Be organize as well to help out the officer(s) that will be looking at your applications.

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Okay I put "N/A" in literally every box that was blank on the non-validated forms. This is okay? We don't have any kids and I don't have any brothers or sisters so the form that is for "Additional Family" I filled up the top Section but left everything else N/A

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
mike2007 said:
Okay I put "N/A" in literally every box that was blank on the non-validated forms. This is okay? We don't have any kids and I don't have any brothers or sisters so the form that is for "Additional Family" I filled up the top Section but left everything else N/A
That's good. that shows them that you didn't ignore any questions. If im not mistaken... the top part of that form is your information, your spouse and parents and their address. If so, then you are right, just fill up the top and n/a the bottom.

If you are also sending additional seperate sheet of papers to continue answering the questions, make sure you sign and date then with black ink pen.

mike2007

Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for all the help. I have one last question, on the final form now.

Education History- I attended High School from 2003-2007, then college. There are obviously gaps for summer break. Do I put a gap for that or no? I can make sure no gaps anywhere else...

Neenvin

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1,2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
09-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
January 27 2017
mike2007 said:
Thanks for all the help. I have one last question, on the final form now.

Education History- I attended High School from 2003-2007, then college. There are obviously gaps for summer break. Do I put a gap for that or no? I can make sure no gaps anywhere else...
What we wrote was 2005-2009 highschool
And then 2009-2013 college ..
We didnt put the time of the summer break because i think it is already understood that we get summer break ever year.
Just do not leave any gaps in the work history section because they will ask about it.