+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filing for FSW Immigration on my own only If THIS FORUM can Guide

Jio123

Oct 12, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks a Million, Billion & Trillion TONS to all helpful members of this Forum.

Even though there is a lot of important information available in this Forum, i am starting this thread afresh because this forum is like an Ocean and i am trying to search specific and very precise information which is also available on this Forum but in bits and pieces.

My apologies if i was not able to use correct search skills to find a single thread which has all the information & document formats required to file on your own.

My Details
-------------
I am a B.E computer science Engineer with 9 year 5 months of experience in Telecom Domain.
I will be eligible for both categories
2173 Software engineers and designers(425)
2281 Computer network technicians(242)
as my work overlaps in each of these technical trades.

I applied for ECA and will get a report by End of Nov 2014 since i used normal govt of india post service to send my transcripts.

I am preparing for IELTS and since no current slots are available till Jan 2015 will book my slot for Jan 2015.

Questions
--------------
1) I went through the following link to check my eligibility (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp) and after taking the test i was shocked to know that i am NOT Eligible.

What might be the reason?

2) As i have two months of time I would like to be ready with required documents.
I request senior helpful members to provide me the links or can reply on this thread what documents and the formats required while filing for immigration.

3) Just for your information in this 9 year 5 months i worked in 5 companies and 5th is my current employers in which i am going to complete 2 yrs.
In all the companies i worked following supporting documents i have as a proof.

3.a) Offer letter, Salary Slips, Relieving Letter, Company Form 16 and IT Return ACK from IT Department---------------> Previous Employers.

3.b) Offer letter, Salary Slips, Form 16 and IT Return ACK from IT Deparment ---------> Current Employer

3.c) Also No where in my offer letter my job responsibilities are defined expect the designation currently I am working as a Manager.

All my above experiences are related to Telecom Order Fulfillment and Networks, i.e., from taking a request from a customer for a new phone connection (Wireline/Wireless) to activation and managing the Customer Premises Equipments (Device Management such as Firmware Upgrades etc.,) provided by the company.

Additional personal information:
I am married with two beautiful kids.

I think i have provided a snapshot of what i am into so now my Humble Request to Seniors and Intellectuals of this FORUM please provide me Valuable Guidance so that i can work on the pending documents.

Thanks
Jio

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Detailed instructions and forms for applying are found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

Ignore the eligibility test results. The test doesn't produce accurate information for individuals who qualify to apply for FSW through the occupations list.

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
Jio123 said:
Hi All,

Thanks a Million, Billion & Trillion TONS to all helpful members of this Forum.

Even though there is a lot of important information available in this Forum, i am starting this thread afresh because this forum is like an Ocean and i am trying to search specific and very precise information which is also available on this Forum but in bits and pieces.

My apologies if i was not able to use correct search skills to find a single thread which has all the information & document formats required to file on your own.

My Details
-------------
I am a B.E computer science Engineer with 9 year 5 months of experience in Telecom Domain.
I will be eligible for both categories
2173 Software engineers and designers(425)
2281 Computer network technicians(242)
as my work overlaps in each of these technical trades.

I applied for ECA and will get a report by End of Nov 2014 since i used normal govt of india post service to send my transcripts.

I am preparing for IELTS and since no current slots are available till Jan 2015 will book my slot for Jan 2015.

Questions
--------------
1) I went through the following link to check my eligibility (cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp) and after taking the test i was shocked to know that i am NOT Eligible.

What might be the reason?

2) As i have two months of time I would like to be ready with required documents.
I request senior helpful members to provide me the links or can reply on this thread what documents and the formats required while filing for immigration.

3) Just for your information in this 9 year 5 months i worked in 5 companies and 5th is my current employers in which i am going to complete 2 yrs.
In all the companies i worked following supporting documents i have as a proof.

3.a) Offer letter, Salary Slips, Relieving Letter, Company Form 16 and IT Return ACK from IT Department---------------> Previous Employers.

3.b) Offer letter, Salary Slips, Form 16 and IT Return ACK from IT Deparment ---------> Current Employer

3.c) Also No where in my offer letter my job responsibilities are defined expect the designation currently I am working as a Manager.

All my above experiences are related to Telecom Order Fulfillment and Networks, i.e., from taking a request from a customer for a new phone connection (Wireline/Wireless) to activation and managing the Customer Premises Equipments (Device Management such as Firmware Upgrades etc.,) provided by the company.

Additional personal information:
I am married with two beautiful kids.

I think i have provided a snapshot of what i am into so now my Humble Request to Seniors and Intellectuals of this FORUM please provide me Valuable Guidance so that i can work on the pending documents.

Thanks
Jio
Section A: (Answer to Queries)
----------

First of all > Response to the queries you asked:

1. Ignore the eligibility test results as mentioned by Scylla. Do your self assessment on the factors mentioned below.

2. Please see below, Section B and Section C

3. You need to have Job description letters. Without them your application will be in trouble. This is one common reason of rejection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Important Point from CIC Website ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Applications per eligible occupation:
As of May 1, 2014, there is an overall cap of 25,500 for new federal skilled worker applications. This includes a cap of 500 applications from PhD students. There are also sub-caps of 1,000 for each of the 50 eligible occupations. The caps do not affect people with a valid job offer. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.

So you need to hurry.........alternatively prepare for Express Entry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section B: (Points Assessment)
-----------

Dear Jio,

There are 5 factors which determine your eligibility for Canada Immigration.
1- Age (Birth Certificate)
2- Education (ECA plus Credential Copies)
3- Language Proficiency (IELTS/CELP)
4- Work Experience
5- Adaptability

Based on what you shared, following is the points breakdown.

--------------------------------------
9 years experience : 15 Points
Education (as your ECA expected) : 21 for Bachelors (but nothing is sure before ECA comes out)
Age (if you are less than 35) : 12

Total : 15+12+21= 48 Points

**************************** Where you need to Focus ***************************

Language Proficiency (IELTS)

You should score at least 20 Points in CLB to Qualify for FSW

Reading : (6.5) 5
Writing : (6.5) 5
Speaking: (6.5) 5
Listening: (7.5) 5

Total : 20 Points in CLB

But what is recommended is that you should score

Reading : (7) 6
Writing : (7) 6
Speaking: (7) 6
Listening: (7.5) 5

Total : 23 Points in CLB

* (That would bring you in safest point to claim 71 Points for FSW) Reason: We cannot guarantee points based on the Job Experience [ CIC may calculate it differently based on the supporting documents provided by you and we should avoid that at our best)

Adaptability (Your spouse language proficiency/Relative in Canada/Your study in Canada/Your spouse study in Canada) : 5 to 10 points

* Many people use this option to gain 5 valuable points. If your spouse give IELTS with you and score more (Listening 5, Reading 5, Speaking 5 and Writing 5), you will get 5 points. [Optional]

But remember whether you score 85 points / 68 points. It doesn't matter. If you score 67 points, you are eligible and selection is on first come first basis so if your file reaches early to CIO, you have more chances to qualify as CAP limit is 1000 per NOC.

Section C: [Immigration Application]
-----------

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp and download all the forms and save on your computer.

They are the latest forms, you need to fill them all as per required by you [if you need help while filling the form, we are all here for you]

This application package includes:

Document Checklist [IMM 5612] (PDF, 244 KB) August 2014
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB) June 2014
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 471 KB) August 2014
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] (PDF, 656 KB) August 2014
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1,8 MB) May 2004
Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 25 KB) July 2008
Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 47 KB) April 2009
Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence
[IMM 5620] (PDF, 581 KB) August 2014
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 615 KB) March 2014
Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]

Take a printout of Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000] and read it and read it like your are drinking water [it's so important and will instruct how you fill the forms, but remember don't use the form gathered in this pdf as they are old].

Be ready with all the filled forms and check the document list [Document Checklist [IMM 5612] , if you are missing with any document, go again and again to cover and gather everything]

Remember : Original ECA Report / IELTS Report / PCC needs to be sent with the application [ except them you can attached notarized photo copies].

Section D: [CAP and timelines]
-----------

Current status of the NOCs mentioned by you:

2173 [425]
2281 [242]

and CAP count is based on the files which have been assessed by CIC and probably the applications of the month of July 2013. So safest NOC for you at the moment is 2281 but you need to hurry as we cannot guarantee when any of the NOC gets filled.

Good luck and all the best for your application.

Jio123

Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for sharing the link "Scylla"

Dear Sir/Madam (mwrooney), I thank you from bottom of my heart for providing such crisp and clear information.

Surely I will definitely try my best to get the required score in IELTS.

Just for your information I am 35 yrs old and i might require more points to qualify as well.

May god bless you all and CanadaVisa Forum Rocks!!! :D

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
Jio123 said:
Thanks for sharing the link "Scylla"

Dear Sir/Madam (mwrooney), I thank you from bottom of my heart for providing such crisp and clear information.

Surely I will definitely try my best to get the required score in IELTS.

Just for your information I am 35 yrs old and i might require more points to qualify as well.

May god bless you all and CanadaVisa Forum Rocks!!! :D
If you remain on 35 before your application reached CIO, you will get maximum points.

CIC Says : "You will receive points for your age on the date that we receive your complete application at the CIO"

[18-35] = 12 Points
[36] = 11 Points
[37] = 10 Points.

So if you are going to be 36, you will get 11 Points.

Always Welcome and we are here for you.

Good luck!