+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Foreignsaurus said:
actually.. they have sent it to my lawyer.. (most of the mail goes to his office so I don't have any problem if I need to move to a different appartment) I haven't yet touched the letter, but he sent a scan from it to my e-mail.. but it is a physical, touchable, paper letter.. It has a form with stuff to fill and instructions... I bet all the ppl who got it on e-mail are in a situation pretty similar to mine (mailing address set to lawyer's address)

basically they want the passport, 4 pics with a specific size, some more info from you (heigth in cm or feet, eye color, and mailing address and such).
dunno how long should take from the moment I send the passport and all, but shouldn't take too long. I'll be sending it tomorrow or after.. (you have 60 days to do it)

I think this is it..
I'll add more info later if I have anything.

regards
Website says within 30 days of receiving passport, not including mailing time. Hopefully soon since work has started in full force.

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
smallduck said:
Thanks Foreignsaurus,
I will have to look up my mail box in the next few weeks. NYVO received all requirement form me and there's no reason for them not sending me PPR :)
Congratulations to all who have received their pprs. I wish all others the blessings of pprs in the days to come

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
Hi Rubyalabar,

Do you have any updates on your PP from LA office ? Do you know how much time it will take to get our passports back ?

Thanks

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
no news yet, our RPRF money order has not even been encashed yet.

in the passport request email, it was mentioned that they will try their best to return the passports within 15 buisness days. that's going to be january 12 for us...we'll just wait and see I guess.

how about you?
UPDATE:
i just tracked the Fedex envelope that we sent with the passports and they already used it yesterday evening. our passports are on it's way back and will be delivered by 5pm today.

karsatjaya said:
Hi Rubyalabar,

Do you have any updates on your PP from LA office ? Do you know how much time it will take to get our passports back ?

Thanks

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
That's great news and all the best . So far I don't have any updates. Everyday I am tracking my FEDEX number . What is your ECAS is showing now ? can you verify ?

By the way how did you send your passports USPS or Courier service ?

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Thanks! We used Fedex, our passports got there on December 20, so it took 8 business days to issue the PR visa.
E-cas still shows In Process, it might be updated on Tuesday as other updates I got was always on a Tuesday.

karsatjaya said:
That's great news and all the best . So far I don't have any updates. Everyday I am tracking my FEDEX number . What is your ECAS is showing now ? can you verify ?

By the way how did you send your passports USPS or Courier service ?

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
That is wonderful news. I hope I may get my passport soon and will wait for the updates from LA office.

I wish you best of luck for your new life in Canada.

Thanks

w8Pr

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
anybody received PP back from NY with visa stamped on it ... my PP was received dere on 24 dec 2010,,,do u know how much tyme they take to stamp visa and return back Pp

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
w8Pr said:
anybody received PP back with visa stamped on it ... my PP was received dere on 24 dec 2010,,,do u know how much tyme they take to stamp visa and return back Pp
To which Visa office did you send the passport. I sent to LA office on Dec27th and now I am waiting for my stamped passports. Rubyalabar sent on Dec20th and today he is going to get it back after stamping.

Thanks

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
In the passport request email, it was mentioned that they will try their best to return the passports within 15 business days. I think we may have to wait for few more days.

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Hi, everyone

My Medical reached ottawa on 29/12/2010
I asked bank if RPRF cashed? answer NO
I called CIC to find out if they recieved medical, but lady told me they don't have access

Do you guys know when i can expect PPR?

Thanks

and i want to appologize to Parulcanada for accusing my accout.

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
parulkrish said:
Hi, everyone

My Medical reached ottawa on 29/12/2010
I asked bank if RPRF cashed? answer NO
I called CIC to find out if they recieved medical, but lady told me they don't have access

Do you guys know when i can expect PPR?

Thanks

and i want to appologize to Parulcanada for accusing my accout.
Congratulations to you on your medicals. You need to wait for at least 2 moths for your PPR request.

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
w8Pr said:
anybody received PP back from NY with visa stamped on it ... my PP was received dere on 24 dec 2010,,,do u know how much tyme they take to stamp visa and return back Pp
per the website,

Approved Applicants for Permanent Residence
Submissions of passports are only accepted by mail. Passports are returned by mail within 30 business days. This does not include mailing time.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L

you can also track the return package.

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
rubyalabar said:
no news yet, our RPRF money order has not even been encashed yet.

in the passport request email, it was mentioned that they will try their best to return the passports within 15 buisness days. that's going to be january 12 for us...we'll just wait and see I guess.

how about you?
UPDATE:
i just tracked the Fedex envelope that we sent with the passports and they already used it yesterday evening. our passports are on it's way back and will be delivered by 5pm today.
CONGRATULATIONS