+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file id

murlokk

Oct 5, 2009
Hello everybody,

I have just discovered this forum here and i wish i knew about this before!!

I have a question if anyone can help with it.

I am an american who has been living and working in Canada for a few years and also married my wife here over 2 years ago. We applied for a permanent residant card for me with my wife sponsoring me.

We mailed the application in in the middle of August to the CPC Vegreville, Alberta office - this application was Inland.

We have not heard anything back in regards to this application. Is this normal? Anyone have any ideas how long this process takes to get started to end?

We know they have recieved the file (due to sending it with a tracking number) but we dont knowif they have started working on it.

We are kind of clueless as to what our next steps should be as nothing is appearing on e-cas.

thank you all!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

murlokk said:
Hello everybody,

I have just discovered this forum here and i wish i knew about this before!!

I have a question if anyone can help with it.

I am an american who has been living and working in Canada for a few years and also married my wife here over 2 years ago. We applied for a permanent residant card for me with my wife sponsoring me.

We mailed the application in in the middle of August to the CPC Vegreville, Alberta office - this application was Inland.

We have not heard anything back in regards to this application. Is this normal? Anyone have any ideas how long this process takes to get started to end?

We know they have recieved the file (due to sending it with a tracking number) but we dont knowif they have started working on it.

We are kind of clueless as to what our next steps should be as nothing is appearing on e-cas.

thank you all!
1. 5/6 months to get a response from Vegreville, either Approval in Principle or referral to a local CIC for further investigation.
2. If you get AIP, the next step is to wait for a local CIC for a "landing" interview.

PMM

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Hi Murlokk !

My husband and I are in the same situation, CDN wife sponsoring US husband, but he can't work until he gets is AIP. We applied in August and didn't receive any further information so we called 1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only). They gave my husband his Client ID number so we could watch the updates on-line. It took a month for them to open the envelope and says now in-process.

Not sure about the local landing interview as we are new to this too. The waiting game begins....

Good luck with your application!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

murlokk said:
Thank you PMM,

any idea how long it takes for part 2, the local landing interview?

Thanks
Usually a few months, but if you have to wait for the Mississauga or the Etobicoke offices, my deepest sympathy as you are in for a long wait.

PMM

murlokk

Oct 5, 2009
Hi all,

I just spoke to the CiC and for the inland they told me they are still in the process of going through the applications filed in April and that most likely they wont get around to touching applications in made in August until December.

If this is the case will i have to wait 6 months from Decemeber before getting AiP?

Thanks

murlokk

Oct 5, 2009
Lylyth said:
Hi Murlokk !

My husband and I are in the same situation, CDN wife sponsoring US husband, but he can't work until he gets is AIP. We applied in August and didn't receive any further information so we called 1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only). They gave my husband his Client ID number so we could watch the updates on-line. It took a month for them to open the envelope and says now in-process.

Not sure about the local landing interview as we are new to this too. The waiting game begins....

Good luck with your application!
good luck to you too, i just got a different response as they told me there is no client ID number to give until they start the processing which should be around decemeber.

How does that make sense when we applied close to the same time ????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

murlokk said:
Hi all,

I just spoke to the CiC and for the inland they told me they are still in the process of going through the applications filed in April and that most likely they wont get around to touching applications in made in August until December.

If this is the case will i have to wait 6 months from Decemeber before getting AiP?

Thanks
They are opening April 14th http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship. No it is 5/6 months from the date your application was received in Vegreville.

PMM

murlokk

Oct 5, 2009
Hi PMM,

That is fine, i am surprised Lylyth, also sent in the App in August and already has a Client ID number....

Thats what doesnt make sense to me...

IF anyone can shed any light on that, it should put my mind at easy...slightly... lol

thanks all

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Hi Murlokk,

Not sure why our application is being looked at and yours isn't when we sent them around the same time. When I log onto the application tracker it says:

Received application - August 21, 2009
Started processing - September 18, 2009

So not sure if they start the 5/6 month wait from August 21st or September 18th.