+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File got transferred to local office after responding to the procedure fairness letter

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
Inland sponsorship PR. My file was submitted in Oct 2018, medical passed in Feb 2019 and then there were no info until this August. I was asked to provide our relationship timeline. I was really excited since I haven’t heard from CIC for 18 months and I replied ASAP. Unfortunately I got confused with the dates while writing back and didn’t double check, and then I received a procedure fairness letter from CIC saying that I might not be eligible under sponsorship class! I know! I made a mess! I That day was literally one of the most frustrating days in my life. I worked with my sponsor( husband) carefully this time, we talked to a lawyer, prepare and submitted all the additional proofs for our relationship, explain that was a honest mistake and we would like to correct it. Everything was submitted in early November, and after one and a half month, today I was told that my file has been transferred to local office for further assessment.

I understand it means my case will be looked into more closely. My question is, after receiving a procedure fairness letter questioning my eligibility and submitting all additional proofs, is this transfer good or bad? Is there any chance that I will get another procedure fairness letter from the local office?

I’ve also restored my work permit under sponsorship a few months ago. Haven’t heard anything yet. Not sure if the PR will impact the work permit application? It will be great if someone can answer this.

I know it must be a rare case, but still hope someone who is/was in the similar situation can come share their experience. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No comment on the PFL and the process after.

But I am curious how did you "restored my work permit under sponsorship a few months ago". Do you mean that you applied for OWP before your work permit had expired and was granted the OWP a few months ago?

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
No comment on the PFL and the process after.

But I am curious how did you "restored my work permit under sponsorship a few months ago". Do you mean that you applied for OWP before your work permit had expired and was granted the OWP a few months ago?
No, I've had my OWP for a few years until it expired recently, and I've restored it under sponsorship.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inland sponsorship PR. My file was submitted in Oct 2018, medical passed in Feb 2019 and then there were no info until this August. I was asked to provide our relationship timeline. I was really excited since I haven’t heard from CIC for 18 months and I replied ASAP. Unfortunately I got confused with the dates while writing back and didn’t double check, and then I received a procedure fairness letter from CIC saying that I might not be eligible under sponsorship class! I know! I made a mess! I That day was literally one of the most frustrating days in my life. I worked with my sponsor( husband) carefully this time, we talked to a lawyer, prepare and submitted all the additional proofs for our relationship, explain that was a honest mistake and we would like to correct it. Everything was submitted in early November, and after one and a half month, today I was told that my file has been transferred to local office for further assessment.

I understand it means my case will be looked into more closely. My question is, after receiving a procedure fairness letter questioning my eligibility and submitting all additional proofs, is this transfer good or bad? Is there any chance that I will get another procedure fairness letter from the local office?

I’ve also restored my work permit under sponsorship a few months ago. Haven’t heard anything yet. Not sure if the PR will impact the work permit application? It will be great if someone can answer this.

I know it must be a rare case, but still hope someone who is/was in the similar situation can come share their experience. Thanks in advance!
Which office was your application transferred to exactly? Was it Etobicoke or somewhere else?

Generally speaking there's no second PFL. They make a decision based on your response. Possible they may ask you for an interview.

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
Which office was your application transferred to exactly? Was it Etobicoke or somewhere else?

Generally speaking there's no second PFL. They make a decision based on your response. Possible they may ask you for an interview.
No second PFL may sound a good thing I guess. The first one was a nightmare. The local office is in Ottawa. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hello! I have a similar experience to yours. I got a message saying my file was transferred to the Vancouver office back in April 2020 and haven't heard anything since then.

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
Hello! I have a similar experience to yours. I got a message saying my file was transferred to the Vancouver office back in April 2020 and haven't heard anything since then.
April! My goodness! Hopefully the decision could be made sooner! Is your application under sponsorship, too? I assume you didn't receive Fairness Procedure Letter before the transfer, right?

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
April! My goodness! Hopefully the decision could be made sooner! Is your application under sponsorship, too? I assume you didn't receive Fairness Procedure Letter before the transfer, right?
Right? I hope I get an answer back soon. Yes! My application is under sponsorship. I previously received a message to provide more information as well as the police certificates - weirdly enough I sent everything before the deadline that they gave me and they still sent a procedural fairness letter which made me panic.

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
Right? I hope I get an answer back soon. Yes! My application is under sponsorship. I previously received a message to provide more information as well as the police certificates - weirdly enough I sent everything before the deadline that they gave me and they still sent a procedural fairness letter which made me panic.
I KNOW! Procedural fairness letter is the worst! Did they told you why they sent you the letter? I think we are really in the same shoe! But given yours have been transferred 8 months ago, I reckon you may hear something from them sooner! Hope that will be a good news after such a crazy long waiting period!

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
I KNOW! Procedural fairness letter is the worst! Did they told you why they sent you the letter? I think we are really in the same shoe! But given yours have been transferred 8 months ago, I reckon you may hear something from them sooner! Hope that will be a good news after such a crazy long waiting period!
They sent the letter because I hadn't sent the documents they asked for, but that was days before the deadline they had outlined in the first letter. I really hope you are right! Do you mind me asking what office your application was transferred to? Best of luck to you as well, I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

HildaS1

Dec 15, 2020
They sent the letter because I hadn't sent the documents they asked for, but that was days before the deadline they had outlined in the first letter. I really hope you are right! Do you mind me asking what office your application was transferred to? Best of luck to you as well, I'll let you know if I hear anything else.
Thanks! My file has been transferred to the Ottawa office. Did you also receive a notice from the local office after they have received your files? Now I only have the notice from the officer who has transferred my files from Mississauga. That's odd they couldn't wait until the deadline for all the documents! But I assume the purpose of your PFL was asking for that document you had missed, right? In that case I personally think it will be OK as long as you had replied PFL with the required documents. Sometimes they could make mistakes too! My only wish is that the local office could do better than that !

Last edited:

faith923

Nov 2, 2016

hello!Do you have updates on you application? My application for spousal sponsorship has been transferred to Calgary VO. Prior to that they asked us to clarify certain matter as our situation was complicated. And just recently we are notified that our file is transferred to local VO. I am so worried. I hope you can share the updates of your application. Thank you!