May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
How's the job market for PR Professionals there?
IDK about the PR market, but I can tell you what I have heard about the market there in general. In Ontario (it has something to do with taxes or something else, IDK), most of the hiring decisions are done in April. So it is the best time to move there around then.

Last time I was in Canada (on PGWP) around 4 years ago, I moved to Toronto in August and was jobless until November when I was finally able to find a job in the office. My friend, who already has had extensive experience in Marketing at that time, had to work in a Call Centre all winter. So I pretty much agree with that point of view.

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
Here - this must have been the one that I chose
Arts General (Humanities Social Sciences), but don't remember 100%

I think that Public Relations fall under this category. And my University is called University of Humanities and Social Sciences :)

Anyway, I am sure that this question is there only for the statistics that IRCC gathers about immigrants. I believe it doesn't affect the application, so choose what you feel most comfortable about.

I didn't think about it much back then. Thinking about it right now - I probably should have chosen Marketing and related services. :/ Cause PR is a related service to Marketing. So I would advise you to choose that.

P.S. And nice to meet a fellow professional here :)
Kinda confusing. I'm in the same boat as of now, about to self-file my Express Entry application but unsure which field of study would correctly match what I studied in my Bachelors which was Mass Media (with a major in Advertising).
My degree had minor subjects from social sciences such as Sociology, Psychology as well as Business, Marketing, Copywriting and so forth.
Final year Major was - Advertising