+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few qustions regarding online application process!

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Hey Friends,

Currently, I have F-1 (Student Visa) for studying in USA and i am doing M.S. I am from india.
I would like to apply for CANADA visitor visa to attend my cousin ceremony party in canada.

I have few questions on online application :

1) Doc name : Itinerary ,travel
Right now, my travel program is not fixed ,it will be in aug / oct , 2013.
Which type of doc. i need to upload in this section ??

2)Purpose of travel :

I have invitation letter which one sent by my uncle.Can i upload invitation letter in this section ??

If ans : yes then what i need to upload in invitation letter section ??
I am confuse here , So invitation letter and Purpose of travel both are same thing.

I don't have any other document, ONLY I HAVE INVITATION LETTER.

3) Passport section :
Now i have two passports :
Cancelled Old passport with valid F-1 Visa and
New passport renewed with 10 more years.
do I need to upload scan copy of both passport in one PDf file ??

4 ) Additional questions :

I am student in usa. I have my original I-20 with me. Do i need to upload scan of it ???
If yes then please let me know in which section ??

Do i need to upload my uncle and aunt passport scan copy ??(**They are Canadian citizen and inviting me as a visitor)
If yes : please let me know in which section i need to upload it??

Please let me know asap, it will be appreciated !

Thank you for your help :)

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
viraj2525 said:
Hey Friends,

Currently, I have F-1 (Student Visa) for studying in USA and i am doing M.S. I am from india.
I would like to apply for CANADA visitor visa to attend my cousin ceremony party in canada.

I have few questions on online application :

1) Doc name : Itinerary ,travel
Right now, my travel program is not fixed ,it will be in aug / oct , 2013.
Which type of doc. i need to upload in this section ??

2)Purpose of travel :

I have invitation letter which one sent by my uncle.Can i upload invitation letter in this section ??

If ans : yes then what i need to upload in invitation letter section ??
I am confuse here , So invitation letter and Purpose of travel both are same thing.

I don't have any other document, ONLY I HAVE INVITATION LETTER.

3) Passport section :
Now i have two passports :
Cancelled Old passport with valid F-1 Visa and
New passport renewed with 10 more years.
do I need to upload scan copy of both passport in one PDf file ??

4 ) Additional questions :

I am student in usa. I have my original I-20 with me. Do i need to upload scan of it ???
If yes then please let me know in which section ??

Do i need to upload my uncle and aunt passport scan copy ??(**They are Canadian citizen and inviting me as a visitor)
If yes : please let me know in which section i need to upload it??

Please let me know asap, it will be appreciated !

Thank you for your help :)

hello viraj.

1) ITINERARY- You can upload an expedia itinerary with the dates of your proposed travel.
2) PURPOSE OF TRAVEL- You can certainly use an invitation letter for this section.
3) PASSPORT SECTION- Upload the new passport here and place the scans of the pages of the old passport in the TRAVEL HISTORY section.
4) ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS- You can place this information in the letter of explanation field.

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Thank you for all information!

I just want to confirm one thing :

PURPOSE OF TRAVEL- You can certainly use an invitation letter for this section.
Invitation Letter : ??

So,In both sections , can i upload same invitation letter ??

I am confuse here.please let me know!

Jun 19, 2013
Purpose of visit: I suggest you write a letter explaining your reason for travel - also mention in the letter that you have the invitation that is attached as a separate document.

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
ok thanks for your help!

One last question,

Proof of relationship : ??

I will be planning to visit canada to meet my uncle,aunt and cousin. So,there is no direct blood relationship.

I am not sure about this section !! Which type of documents , i need to upload in this section ??

Can i upload my uncle & aunt passports copy in this section ??
Is it ok as a proof of relationship ??

Please let me know,if you have any idea.

Thank you :)

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Proof of relationship : ??

I will be planning to visit canada to meet my uncle,aunt and cousin. So,there is no direct blood relationship.

I am not sure about this section !! Which type of documents , i need to upload in this section ??

Can i upload my uncle & aunt passports copy in this section ??
Is it ok as a proof of relationship ??

Please let me know,if you have any idea.

Thank you Smiley

Jun 19, 2013
viraj... I applied online for visitor visa for my mother in law. I did not see the request for proof of relationship. There is no way I can prove it since we don't have documents where it says she is my m-in-law. I did write a detailed letter with my address, phone number employment details and described our close relationship and the importance of her visit to us as part of 'other documents' that are optional. I don't see how you can offer anything more from an uncle. Typically they require proof of relationship of the sponsor for immigration applications where the sponsor is typically a spouse or parent or child and proof is marriage cert, birth certificate, will etc. Not sure a visitor visa requires it.

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
notherAlaskaCruiser said:
viraj... I applied online for visitor visa for my mother in law. I did not see the request for proof of relationship. There is no way I can prove it since we don't have documents where it says she is my m-in-law. I did write a detailed letter with my address, phone number employment details and described our close relationship and the importance of her visit to us as part of 'other documents' that are optional. I don't see how you can offer anything more from an uncle. Typically they require proof of relationship of the sponsor for immigration applications where the sponsor is typically a spouse or parent or child and proof is marriage cert, birth certificate, will etc. Not sure a visitor visa requires it.
hey viraj. notheralaskacruiser is right. there is no provision on the online application for proof of relationship. also concerning the purpose of visit, i applied for a family member's TRV and i uploaded the invitation letter into the purpose of travel field. the application was successful!

Jun 19, 2013
I20 needs to be uploaded in the travel history section.
go through the desciption of the travel history and u will find out that they ask if u are on a study visa then upload the relevant document.

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
Hey friends,

I have one more questions regarding signature panel ...

The following are the forms that must be filled out and submitted:

Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257)
Family Information (IMM 5645)

I am submitting my application online.

HOW CAN I SIGN MY DOCUMENTS ???

I guess, First , fill out form online --> print it --> sign it with black ink pen -->again scan it and upload in online.

I am not sue about sign this documents....How can i sign electronically / digitally ??

Do i need to sign above mentioned two forms ?? if yes , then please let me know HOW ??

thanks for your help :)

thanks,
vance

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
hey viral. you do not need to physically sign these documents. close to the end of the process you will be asked to electronically sign your application by simply typing in your name as you entered it on the IMM5257 form.

Jun 19, 2013
u need to print, fill out and scan the family info form - 5645.
also remember u have to fill that form in english as well as ur native language. (its on the form).

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
it's too much confusing..

Do i need to fill out Family Information (IMM 5645) form in two languages ??? (English and my native lang.)

Or .. only in English will be fine ??

Is it ok , if i will fill out my form online in English then print it and sign it .
After that again scan it with my sign..upload it online.. ???

Please let me know asap!

Also, Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) .... same steps , Do i need to follow or what ??
please help me here !! :)

thanks,
vance

viraj2525

Jun 25, 2013
URGENT PLEASE !!

it's too much confusing..

Do i need to fill out Family Information (IMM 5645) form in two languages Huh (English and my native lang.)

Or .. only in English will be fine ??

Is it ok , if i will fill out my form online in English then print it and sign it .
After that again scan it with my sign..upload it online.. Huh

Please let me know asap!

Also, Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) .... same steps , Do i need to follow or what ??
please help me here !! Smiley

thank you !