+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions before I submit my applciation

Chicken76

Mar 19, 2012
Hello All,

Thank you for all the intersting information in the forum.

I'm going to apply for my permanent resident card this week.
However I have some questions before I'll send the package in.

1. True certified copies.
I went to a commissioner of oaths to get the copies certified. However the Lady declined to do that because she said a commissioner of oaths in Alberta is not allowed to do that. I got this confirmed already from another one. I don't want to pay $ 30-40 per copy at a lawyers office? Any ideas?

2. I'll be the main applicant under the Experience Class. Do I have to submit all of the education certificates of my wife as well?

3. My daugther was born in Calgary and is thus Canadian. She is 2 years old. Is this an advantage in terms of becoming a PR?

Thank You in advance for the answers/comments!

Cheers

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Chicken76 said:
1. True certified copies.
I went to a commissioner of oaths to get the copies certified. However the Lady declined to do that because she said a commissioner of oaths in Alberta is not allowed to do that. I got this confirmed already from another one. I don't want to pay $ 30-40 per copy at a lawyers office? Any ideas?

Can you specify, copies of what documents are you getting certified? Very very few documents require certification - in most cases, photocpies are sufficient.

2. I'll be the main applicant under the Experience Class. Do I have to submit all of the education certificates of my wife as well?

No.

3. My daugther was born in Calgary and is thus Canadian. She is 2 years old. Is this an advantage in terms of becoming a PR?

Not in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) - you either meet the requirements, or you don't - it's simply pass/fail. If you fail, your daughter cannot help you :) It certainly won't hurt, tho!

Chicken76

Mar 19, 2012
Hi jes_ON,

Yes, I have school diplomas (accompanied by a certified translation), birth certificates, company letter, T4, most recent work permit, passport etc.

I have an additional question. Because my daughter is Canadian, do I have to include her as a dependant in my application?

Thank you once again for your help!!

Appreciate jes_ON!!!
Chicken76

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Chicken76 said:
Hi jes_ON,

Yes, I have school diplomas (accompanied by a certified translation), birth certificates, company letter, T4, most recent work permit, passport etc.

None of the documents you mentioned, if they are in English or French, require certification - a plain photocopy is enough.

The only certified copies you need are of documents that are not in English or French and have been translated - the photocopy of the original must be certified. Typically, the translation service can do that for you...

I have an additional question. Because my daughter is Canadian, do I have to include her as a dependant in my application?

I'm sure she does, but I'm not sure how this should be handled on the new application forms, others can better advise on this -