+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feel lost and can't take decision

Rano2013

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thank you all for your valuable comments and advice.
Well, I know that a lot of people struggle before taking decision and move definitively to Canada.
I landed in Feb 2013, and plan to move definitively in August 2015, my company approved my relocation to work from our office in Calgary, but my wife is a bit reluctant about the move.
I feel lost and can't take decision.. sometimes I say I go, others I say why should I.... :-\
I live in Dubai and have two kids. my wife wears Hijab and fears from moving to the west thinking that people are not welcoming there, though I informed her that in Canada it's not like some European countries. She also fears about our kids etc.....
When I started the immigration process, I was single, and now things changed.
I know there are many of you who have been through the same experience and managed to take the decision, I would appreciate to hear your advice and experience.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bring your wife and kid to Calgary (and other cities across Canada) for a visit. If they would like to stay on, then stay. Otherwise, they can always return to Dubai.

But before you do the above, you would need to sponsor them if they are not visa-exempted.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Steaky's advice I believe is the best you can get in this situation. You can visit this link hopefully it will help. http://www.muslimsofcalgary.ca/data.php?s=30

Rano2013

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
steaky said:
Bring your wife and kid to Calgary (and other cities across Canada) for a visit. If they would like to stay on, then stay. Otherwise, they can always return to Dubai.

But before you do the above, you would need to sponsor them if they are not visa-exempted.

Thank you for your reply. They do have PR, and have already visit it, but now they seem to fear from the idea of moving

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rano2013 said:
Well, I know that a lot of people struggle before taking decision and move definitively to Canada.
I landed in Feb 2013, and plan to move definitively in August 2015, my company approved my relocation to work from our office in Calgary, but my wife is a bit reluctant about the move.
I feel lost and can't take decision.. sometimes I say I go, others I say why should I.... :-\
I live in Dubai and have two kids. my wife wears Hijab and fears from moving to the west thinking that people are not welcoming there, though I informed her that in Canada it's not like some European countries. She also fears about our kids etc.....
I know there are many of you who have been through the same experience and managed to take the decision, I would appreciate to hear your advice and experience.
Are you an Emirati citizen? If not, then you should move to Canada. As far as I know Dubai does not provide PR to expats. Also no point buying a house and car only to be removed from the country when you reach your retirement age.

chucho26

Feb 9, 2015
Rano2013 said:
I don't know about other provinces than Quebec (can't be as bad as Quebec), but people are starting to have very bad opinions of Muslims in general and especially people who practice a lot (men with big beards the hat and women with the hijab).

Rahul1706

Feb 10, 2015
Just very new to this site. Just want to ask currently best province to move as I just left with 2 years of work permit . Need advice asap as going to take move to that particular province by end of next month.i have done P.G in international business management from Ontario

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Rano2013 said:
Why don't you move to a place with a larger muslim population, like Mississauga, ON or Surrey, BC?