Dec 30, 2015
I am looking to apply at SAIT Calgary in the Sep 2016 intake

My profile is as follows

2005 - 10th - 79 % CBSE
2007- 12th - 65 % CBSE
2007-2010 Security Supervisor at a private security agency
2010-2013 BA Eng Hons - 66% - Symbiosis Pune
2013-2015 MA MAss Communication and Journalism 7.34 GPA - Chitkara University
2015- Till now - Manager at family owned pricate security agency and internship with CNN IBN, free lancing with two or three media firms during the year
IELTS - 7.5

I am applying for Sep 2016 Radio Television and Broadcast News diploma 2 years with specialization in Television.

I have the following doubts

1. Will the gap and job after 12th work against me?
2. Will Masters in Mass Communication be seen as a bigger education level and can be a ground for rejection?

I have applied at SAIT and processing the documents these days.
Went through some topics that said that Masters in the same or similar course that you are applying to can go against you.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

gurjeetspandher said:
I am looking to apply at SAIT Calgary in the Sep 2016 intake

My profile is as follows

2005 - 10th - 79 % CBSE
2007- 12th - 65 % CBSE
2007-2010 Security Supervisor at a private security agency
2010-2013 BA Eng Hons - 66% - Symbiosis Pune
2013-2015 MA MAss Communication and Journalism 7.34 GPA - Chitkara University
2015- Till now - Manager at family owned pricate security agency and internship with CNN IBN, free lancing with two or three media firms during the year
IELTS - 7.5

I am applying for Sep 2016 Radio Television and Broadcast News diploma 2 years with specialization in Television.

I have the following doubts

1. Will the gap and job after 12th work against me?
2. Will Masters in Mass Communication be seen as a bigger education level and can be a ground for rejection?

I have applied at SAIT and processing the documents these days.
Went through some topics that said that Masters in the same or similar course that you are applying to can go against you.

A diploma after Master degree in the same field. It's safe to expect a straight refusal.

Dec 30, 2015
What could be my options? I wanted to study and work in a field that is relevant to my background.

Should i apply for a course that is totally different from my Masters and Bachelors?

Or should i go ahead with a reasonable SOP that Masters was more of a general course whereas this diploma is specialization in one field and more of technical knowledge

Dec 30, 2015
What could be the possible study options after Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism.

I am being advised for Program Management by consultants but i am not so sure about it.
Have heard alot of refusal cases for this course.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
gurjeetspandher said:
What could be the possible study options after Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism.

I am being advised for Program Management by consultants but i am not so sure about it.
Have heard alot of refusal cases for this course.
Phd or atleast another masters

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agreed with others.
should be same/similar field of study in the upper/same level .

Dec 30, 2015
Thanks guys.I am really grateful .
Had i had not come across this forum, i would have most probably gone ahead with the diploma and faced a refusal.

Can you guys kindly suggest which one of the following would suit my profile more

1. MA in English - Since i have BA in English Honors

2. MA in Military, Security and Strategic Studies - Background of NCC , work exp of a security agency and father owns a security agency. Father has retired from the army, the course also has a research work option of Military and Journalism and if i can possibly relate this to my MA in Mass Comm and Journalism.

If you guys have any other MA in mind then please help.
These course are available from University of Calgary .
I am more interested in Calgary since my brother is already there.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say no. 2 sounds better : you can write all these thing on your sop and your future plan in home country etc.

Dec 30, 2015
One of my classmates from Masters got admission in a diploma in video designing.

She has done Bcom for her graduation and has no work experience.
She has a 2 month experience in a production house ( daily soaps )

SAIT too has a Film and Video Production Program

Do you think i stand a chance or is application for a diploma after Masters a 100% refusal?

I ask because i know 2-3 cases who applied for a Diploma despite holding a masters degree but got through. Consultants are saying you shouldnt apply for the media diplomas and instead go for a project management diploma. I am still intrested in getting a course related to or similar to my Masters Degree.

Radio Television and Broadcast News was almost same as my Masters but Film and Video Production is different. Is there any scope or should i change my field of interest?

Dec 30, 2015
Guys please help.
I am unable to find Masters related to a similar stream or a relevant stream in Calgary.
In fact Masters in a relevant stream to Mass Communication and Journalism doesn't even exist as far as i know.
There are only 2 year diploma programmes at SAIT. That too arent Pg diplomas.
Does anyone know of media related PG diplomas in Calgary.
I have tried almost all colleges and universities.
What could be my possible options?