+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fedral skilled worker

kayus22

Jan 9, 2012
Hi every one. I applied for the federal skilled worker visa Canada and I sent my application to this address through DHL and was received over there on the 16th of Nov 2011.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada.

I am yet to get a reply since then. Please what can I do?

A

albertian

track your status trough you corrier agency if they received already then wait first of all try trace through tracking number canada immigrtion always it takes some time be patience every thing will be all right

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kayus22 said:
Hi every one. I applied for the federal skilled worker visa Canada and I sent my application to this address through DHL and was received over there on the 16th of Nov 2011.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada.

I am yet to get a reply since then. Please what can I do?
Why did you used the address for a regular mail (P.O. Box) when you sent your application via courier DHL? But nonetheless, you already said it was received by CIC.

Your first notification from CIC is called Positive/Negative Eligibility Review. It will take about 80-90 days on average to receive this. :)

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
You need to wait till March.

By experience usually for most people at least it takes 4 months time from the date received.

Corleone

Jan 10, 2012
Good to run into a forum like this....thank you people for this great forum.

I dropped my application off in accra sometime in April 2007. I got an acknowledgement of receipt months later and another mail telling me that my application is about being processed and that I will not be refunded my fees if I do not object. Since then I have heard nothing.

I hear the rules have changed now and it takes about 6 months to process now and also the category of professions are decreased to 38. Does this mean that if my occupation was listed before, it is no longer needed now? What rules will apply to me? How much more do I have to wait? Can I enlist the service of an immigration consultant now as I have not been using one all this while? By the way banking is my profession.

Will be glad if anybody that has any answer can oblige me.

Cheers

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Corleone said:
Good to run into a forum like this....thank you people for this great forum.

I dropped my application off in accra sometime in April 2007. I got an acknowledgement of receipt months later and another mail telling me that my application is about being processed and that I will not be refunded my fees if I do not object. Since then I have heard nothing.

I hear the rules have changed now and it takes about 6 months to process now and also the category of professions are decreased to 38. Does this mean that if my occupation was listed before, it is no longer needed now? What rules will apply to me? How much more do I have to wait? Can I enlist the service of an immigration consultant now as I have not been using one all this while? By the way banking is my profession.

Will be glad if anybody that has any answer can oblige me.

Cheers
The processing time depends on the visa embassy. The CIC websites shows 19 months for Accra :( provided that all documents are in order.

Rules apply at the time you filled the application. When you apply if the banking profession was in the list then no problem.

sangeetaKaler

Jan 12, 2012
Hello,

I was on the website and was looking at applying for the migration to Canada.

I am a Banker (Employed with HSBC in the UAE) , hence understand that I will need to apply under the Federal and Skilled Worker class, however, I dodnot see my occupation listed amonst the 29 occupations listed online.

Can someone be kind enough and suggest what should I do? As soon as, I receive this information I will begin to complete the application form, gather documents and pay the fees, do the exams and finally apply.

Looking forward to a prompt response.

Thank you all and have a great day

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sangeetaKaler said:
Hello,

I am a Banker (Employed with HSBC in the UAE) , hence understand that I will need to apply under the Federal and Skilled Worker class, however, I dodnot see my occupation listed amonst the 29 occupations listed online.

Can someone be kind enough and suggest what should I do? As soon as, I receive this information I will begin to complete the application form, gather documents and pay the fees, do the exams and finally apply.

I think you're under NOC 1123 which is not in the present list as you said. There are other ways to migrate to Canada.

1. Provincial Nominee Program
2. Arranged Employment Opinion
3. Quebec Skilled Worker

Just read some information about them.

:)

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
sangeetaKaler said:
Hello,

There are other program as mentioned by giogenre.

however give a try to all of those. Its rather difficult to get a job in Canada and then migrate. However you can do your best

cicimici

Jan 13, 2012
If you didn't get any response and it passed 60 days from the submitting date (i.e. date of arrival of your application package) you can ask what happen to your application.
The address for asking is: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca

They have 20 working days to respond to your question. But if you asking them anything else except your case they won't respond you at all.