+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

federal Timelines share for QSW sydney applicants - file CPP-Ottawa

lie2me

Jun 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm applying PR in USA and just got Ottawa's email requring the passport.

In the email they didn't explain clearly how to send passport and how the passport will return if the applicant is in USA.

I read several previous posts about this matter. Some mentioned one should included a prepaid shipping label to the mail to Ottawa.

But,
1. I'm still not sure that refers to a prepaid Fedex/UPS label or a Canadian Post label?

2. I tried to creat a prepaid Canadian Post label online but it didn't go through.

I signed up for the Canadian Post website
First it seems you can only creat labels to USA if you are a business customer, not an individual (personal) customer.
Then I proceed to the page EST online as instructed.
I clicked shipping - USA, then it jumps to a page with something running but it can not proceed anymore. I tried chrome, IE and a few other browsers; they're all the same.

I appreciate if someone who have actually done this could clarify it.

Frozen2

Jun 28, 2015
Hi, it's happening to me too ! I have been trying to get that label for days then I called Canada post customer services and they said that it's no more working ( at least for the moment ) !!!
I'will be using an expresspost usa prepaid envelope ( I got it yesterday from montreal through a family mumber ) and I 'm sending the passport via FedEx. But if you reading '' Dounia'' post I understand that she used fedex for sending and receiving and it worked !

Frozen2

Jun 28, 2015
dounia said:
Hi guys I received my passport back today via FedEx . I have a question I just got my us citizenship yesterday should I call immigration canada and let them know???
Hi Dounia, congrats on your PPR and the citizenship . I 'm not an expert but I don't think you have to inform the CIC about it , you have your visa and you're good to go ! maybe you will have to say some when you apply for Canadian citizenship !

dounia

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
Hi frozen2. I send the passport via ups and i didnt send any prepaid labels,but they send me an email saying that my visa is ready and they need a prepaid return label to send my passport back this is the email they send me.

Your documents have been finalized and are now ready to be returned to you however, no prepaid return envelope was provided to return your documents.

For a sooner and more secure delivery, we strongly suggest an online shipping label or a prepaid return envelope from a private courier of your choice (must operate in Canada). Some suggestions include FedEx, UPS, and Purolator

Beautyqueenmee

Oct 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MagicSpore said:
OMG, I got "Ready For Visa - Prêt Pour Visa‏" email last night!!!
Congrats!!
Can you share how long it took from the time they requested the RPRF till the ready for visa status? Thanks:)

Frozen2

Jun 28, 2015
Awesome then ! they finally accept labels from other than Canada post ? I'm sending a prepaid envelope anyway .

timelessjang

Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-09-2014
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Congrats!
Am I the only one who "IN PROCESS" in June still waiting for the PPR ??? :'( :'(

esi110

Aug 23, 2012
hello guys,
I just received an email from Sydney that I should update my Police certificate ( as my current one is pretty late) and also should pay my RPRF. I have two questions:
1- I have a newer Police certificate issued at Jan. 2015. Do you have any idea how recent the Police certificate should be?
2- Shouldn't I have received RPRF request from Ottawa? Isn't it weird that Sydney asked me for this?

Best,

timelessjang

Jun 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-09-2014
Med's Request
08-10-2014
esi110 said:
hello guys,
I just received an email from Sydney that I should update my Police certificate ( as my current one is pretty late) and also should pay my RPRF. I have two questions:
1- I have a newer Police certificate issued at Jan. 2015. Do you have any idea how recent the Police certificate should be?
2- Shouldn't I have received RPRF request from Ottawa? Isn't it weird that Sydney asked me for this?

Best,
Hi
1,I think Jan. 2015 is still early. You should update a newer one.
2,I received from Ottawa, but I heard that Sydney will ask for you from now on.

Don't worry.

hossiad

May 29, 2015
Hi guys, Finally I got my PPR last night. here is my timeline :

Submission : 18 July 2014
AOR : 5 October 2014
Medical done : 25 October 2014
Processing my application started : 28 May 2015
Police Certificate request : 28 May 2015
PPR: 29 June 2015

Wish the best for all of you.

Rebetha82

Jan 5, 2015
;D ;D Congrats to everyone who got their PR so far!

An update on my progress/process:

through PEQ/CSQ (obtained September 17 2014)

Application sent/received 2/6 October 2014
AOR received 11 February 2015
MedRequest early March 2015
Meds done end of March 2015
Meds received 6 April 2015
Add Docs (same day sent) 23 June 2015
RPRF request (paid same day) 25 June 2015

Now back to waiting :) Anyone have an idea how much longer I will have to wait now?