+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled workers: When "in process" if withdrawn, any refund?

Saeidtehrooni

Aug 20, 2009
Hello all
Does anyone know whether in case of withdrawal request and status of "in process" application fee is refundable?

TQ in advance

Saeid

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no refund after in process as per my knowledge

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Saeidtehrooni, you can NOT get the fees u paid to CIO-NS office for the initial evaluation. But, u can get the PFPR fees back if at all u have already sent it with ur Full Application.

By the way, may we know the reason for your withdrawal, if you dont mind asking this question?

rgds, Geo

Saeidtehrooni

Aug 20, 2009
Dear GeorgeJoseph and all other respondents
Thanks for your responses. My application dates back to Aug. 2007.It was lodged in Canadian Embassy in Damascus. I want to re-apply under the new rules. I understand that if they start processing my application, no fund gets back to me. But I want to know what "in process" means. According to Damascus office website "http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/syria-syrie/visas/permanent_resident_permanent.aspx?lang=eng" , they are actively processing FSW applications placed in Sept. 2004. I learned that there must be a difference between "in process" and "active processing". That means there is a 3 year time for my application to wait to get considered. If this is correct, why they will not refund the fee?
One more question, anyone know if I can ask someone else to pay the application fee on my behalf in CANADA and post the receipt to me so as to enclose it with application package being sent to CIO-NS.
lastly, Please clear what PFPR stands for. TQ
My thanks to all

Warm Regards
Saeid

vahidvahid

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Dear Saeid (chetouri baradareh tehrani),

I think you have applied under simplified applicaion process in Aug 2007. It has mentioned in your reciept they will not start to assess your application until they will request supporting documents. usually it is 4 months before the assessment so this In process in your old file means just an acknowledgment and you're right it does not mean any processing. in this case you can withdraw and your fee will be refunded as long as they did not request supporting documents.
anyway I can suggest you it is possible to apply under new rule without withdraw your previous file.
Why don't you apply again and you have insist to withdraw old file?

Regards
Vahid.

Saeidtehrooni

Aug 20, 2009
Dear Vahid ( salam bar aziz e delam)

Thanks a lot for the response. Yes, correct, it is the same way you noticed. I hold that letter reading as you said. I am now more convinced about my right of having the refund. I am up to re-apply for that. Please, help me to unravel one more predicament: How I can pay for the new application? As Iranian's banks are subject to an international sanction, I can not provide a money order, bank draft or other cheque variants. i have friends in Canada and some other countries. Do you know if I can get a help from their side to pay the fee in my behalf and then I enclose the receipt with application package to CIO-NS?

Many Thanks

Saeid

vahidvahid

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
saied jan salam,

Yes, you should apply as you said. your friend in canada can purchase a bank draft on behalf of you and you can enclose it with new application and send to NS CIO office. Don't withdraw your previous file because you had in a queue for about 2 years.
which NOC code do you want to apply?

Vahid.

Saeidtehrooni

Aug 20, 2009
Vahid jaan

I wish you a safe route. Heeding your advice, I will open another file while having the previous one being run.
TQ

Saeid