+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal scheme

dixey

Dec 10, 2009
Dear all,

I am new to this forum. After living in Britain for 4 years i would like to move to Canada on PR visa. I am planning to file it next year. I have a query about few things.

I am easily making 67 points easily (to be exact 77 points), I completed my graduation from india as a physiotherapist and master's from belgium. I have been practicing physiotherapy in Britain for 4 years. I have a licence to practice in India and UK. But i would need a licence from Canadaian alliance to practice as a physiotherapist. My question is what are the chances that based on my earned points i would be granted a PR visa. I would do the licencing later.

Thanks and regards

Dixey.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
If after reading the official website of CIC you have fully determined you have the minimum 67 points (in your case you claim to have garnered 77 points), you are good to go. As long as you satisfy their "points system" and send all the requisite documents, you shouldn't face any major hurdles.

Mark

dixey

Dec 10, 2009
Thank you very much for the reply Mark.

I have one more query. It is regarding previous experience. I have an year of part time experience of India, then 5 month full time experiece again in India and then 4 years full time experience of Britain as a physiotherapist. For the experiences in india i have lost contact with the employers and have only a refernce letter each from them. The format of these reference letters is not the same as recommended by CIC. The current employer where i have gathered 4 years experiece is happy to give me references according to the recommended format.

My question is would all this affect the application? especially in counting the experiece. All of my job experieces are recent that is in last 10 years.

Thanks again.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get Maximum points for 4 years experience. If you have reference letter for 4 years in required format, I think that should be good to go.