+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
sharuu said:
Nope... its free if you are in Canada
Hey sharuu

I'm confused because when i called the CIC (1-888 number) the agent told me that it was under the access-to-info act and i would have to pay $5.

So when you filled out the IMM5563-request-form (the form for GCMS(, in section A, do you select 'privacy-act' option and not the 'access-to-info-act'? please clarify/confirm

thanks

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
student3000 said:
Hey sharuu

I'm confused because when i called the CIC (1-888 number) the agent told me that it was under the access-to-info act and i would have to pay $5.

So when you filled out the IMM5563-request-form (the form for GCMS(, in section A, do you select 'privacy-act' option and not the 'access-to-info-act'? please clarify/confirm

thanks
click this"Privacy act(proof of citizenship or.....)"
it will be free.

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
I already have gotten my GCMS twice.. i was talking about how long will it take get PPR! Do you have anyone you know who got recently? Its been 12 months, if they transfer our files it will be ever more delay!! Have you sent an enquiry recently to Buffalo ?
I did send couple enquiry three weeks ago, but the reply is always "Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
I already have gotten my GCMS twice.. i was talking about how long will it take get PPR! Do you have anyone you know who got recently? Its been 12 months, if they transfer our files it will be ever more delay!! Have you sent an enquiry recently to Buffalo ?
I have several friends from China and we have the similar application days, but no one get ppr now.
Unfortunately, one of them was told on 1st march 2012 that he is under background check now. He applied federal in January 2011.

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
How about your address in CIC system? My address disappeared on 27 January. Did it indicate my file transfer? but I sent my enquiry later, they did not tell me anything about file transfer.

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
dunno, but ppr from detroit
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2012, received on June 27th, 2012
zhihai said:
who cares, just do whatever you want
dude, it does matter! u should try to find a job within quebec, since u r applying to be a quebec residence.

at least while ur application is being processed!

after that,,,,,"who cares, just do whatever you want"

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hooky player said:
dude, it does matter! u should try to find a job within quebec, since u r applying to be a quebec residence.

i agree with hooky player...dont take the risk of losing ur residency...the thread explains it all...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-i-almost-feel-scammed-t97559.0.html

especially provincial nominees and quebec csq holders dont dare to take the risk of changing province while application in process or immediately after residency...they go to the extent of revoking the residency.

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
hooky player said:

yes, you are right, at least before you get your pr, stay in Quebec is a wise option.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
zhihai said:
How about your address in CIC system? My address disappeared on 27 January. Did it indicate my file transfer? but I sent my enquiry later, they did not tell me anything about file transfer.
Well, I dont know how long it will take. I have applied for my GCMS Notes so that shall tell some story. I have seen some people's ECAS status changing to IN PROCESS, mine remained the same though - app received. You can try contacting Buffalo Immigration Manager, she might help you. To be quite honest, I dont expect anything before 15 months pass by. If the file gets transferred we will atleast know that it will maximum take 3 months for an answer... According to my last GCMS, my file was last accessed on mid oct when it was updated meds have been received!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
zhihai said:
I have several friends from China and we have the similar application days, but no one get ppr now.
Unfortunately, one of them was told on 1st march 2012 that he is under background check now. He applied federal in January 2011.
I know a few people from 2010 who are still awaiting PPR.. I dont even know if its safe to say everything is okay and we shall not expect a rejection but who knows in the end...

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
Well, I dont know how long it will take. I have applied for my GCMS Notes so that shall tell some story. I have seen some people's ECAS status changing to IN PROCESS, mine remained the same though - app received. You can try contacting Buffalo Immigration Manager, she might help you. To be quite honest, I dont expect anything before 15 months pass by. If the file gets transferred we will atleast know that it will maximum take 3 months for an answer... According to my last GCMS, my file was last accessed on mid oct when it was updated meds have been received!
When did you apply your last GCMS? How long does it take to receive the GCMS report? I hear it's at least 4 weeks.
CIC processing times says it's 14 months for finish 80% cases, but I understand it's really case by case.
It seems I am in the remaining 20% now. Who knows!

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
Do you think it's OK to directly contact immigration manager? Because we are still within 14 months now.
Did you contact the manager before?

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
OK, I see. We may have very similar timeline. My ME has also been updated in mid Oct. and after then nothing happens!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
People have contacted and the worst it can happen is that the answer will be that your file is in process.. 14 months? I think the processing time is 15 months. I got GCMS in 30 days.. is it the first time you requested GCMS?

zhihai

Feb 9, 2012
sharuu said:
People have contacted and the worst it can happen is that the answer will be that your file is in process.. 14 months? I think the processing time is 15 months. I got GCMS in 30 days.. is it the first time you requested GCMS?
Yes, the first time.
The thing is if the time is beyond 14 months, I think I am more confident to contact them and ask if anything wrong.