+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

makingsense

Mar 5, 2012
Beetlebum said:
Ok, so yesterday I received my passport request from NY. It took exactly 13 months since they started processing my application.
The weird thing is, they didnt ask me for any money, I have yet to pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee but its not mentioned at all in the passport request.
anyone knows when will I have to pay it?
Thanks!
Congratulations Beetlebum!

Just one question: was your ECAS status "In Progress" before you received PPR? Thanks!

Beetlebum

Oct 11, 2011
makingsense said:
Congratulations Beetlebum!

Just one question: was your ECAS status "In Progress" before you received PPR? Thanks!
Yes.
I did my medicals at the beginning of september, around Sept. 15th my status was changed to -In process- and around Jan. 15th my address disappeared from my ECAS.

makingsense

Mar 5, 2012
Beetlebum said:
Yes.
I did my medicals at the beginning of september, around Sept. 15th my status was changed to -In process- and around Jan. 15th my address disappeared from my ECAS.
Thanks for the info! Again, congratulations and good luck!

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Hello All

I just got my CSQ Last week...my question is where do l send my FSW to?..is it MOTREAL or BUFFALO?

jpmorg

Jan 25, 2012
xse2573 said:
Hello All

I just got my CSQ Last week...my question is where do l send my FSW to?..is it MOTREAL or BUFFALO?
All you have to do is to visit the official website.

6. Submit your application.

Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the Quebec-selected skilled worker application package.

Do not submit your application to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
jpmorg said:
All you have to do is to visit the official website.

6. Submit your application.

Mail your application and your fee to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). For more detailed information, including courier and mailing addresses, consult the Quebec-selected skilled worker application package.

Do not submit your application to the visa office responsible for your country of nationality or residence.
Thanks jpmorg
But when does the local visa office come into play?..or they dont?

jpmorg

Jan 25, 2012
xse2573 said:
Thanks jpmorg
But when does the local visa office come into play?..or they dont?
IMPORTANT NOTICE

As of December 1, 2011, if you are applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, you must submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once you have gathered all required forms and documents listed in the Document Checklist, send your application to:

Citizenship and Immigration
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 8888
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0C9
Canada

If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be sent to the appropriate CIC office for processing. The processing office will contact you for further documentation once they are ready to process your application.

If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, CIC will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.

Note: Applications that were sent prior to December 1, 2011 and that are received on or after this date at the visa office will be processed by the office as long they are complete.

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpmorg said:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

As of December 1, 2011, if you are applying under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, you must submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once you have gathered all required forms and documents listed in the Document Checklist, send your application to:

Citizenship and Immigration
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 8888
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 0C9
Canada

If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be sent to the appropriate CIC office for processing. The processing office will contact you for further documentation once they are ready to process your application.

If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, CIC will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.

Note: Applications that were sent prior to December 1, 2011 and that are received on or after this date at the visa office will be processed by the office as long they are complete.
+1

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hey guys, got notice of file transfer to Ottawa email with medical forms attached (I set language of correspondence to French so didnt fully understand their letter). So does attachment of the medical forms mean I should do medicals and return the results to Ottawa office?

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
Hey guys, got notice of file transfer to Ottawa email with medical forms attached (I set language of correspondence to French so didnt fully understand their letter). So does attachment of the medical forms mean I should do medicals and return the results to Ottawa office?
YES

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
You dont have to send results of your medical examination. The designated medical examiner will send your results to the concerned office on your behalf.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011
My wife got an admission in Concordia and her classes are starting on September. Desperately waiting for any response before September, Otherwise i have to pay full fees.

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
dunno, but ppr from detroit
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2012, received on June 27th, 2012
msarham said:
My wife got an admission in Concordia and her classes are starting on September. Desperately waiting for any response before September, Otherwise i have to pay full fees.
i am not sure, but i remember i saw somewhere ppl said even if u only have csq, u can try to talk to ur school and get considered as a quebecer.
i suggest u try to talk to ur school to confirm if this is true, never hurt to ask, rite?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Hello All

Is it a good thing to set my language of correspondence to French?...does it make the application gaster during FSW?

hooky player

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
10-2011
AOR Received.
03-2012
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
dunno, but ppr from detroit
Med's Request
03-2012
Med's Done....
04-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2012, received on June 27th, 2012
chibiks said:
buddy, u don't need to deliver the result of ur medical exam to ottawa by urself, the physician will do that. actually, u can't even handle it (cic is afraid ppl may manipulate the results, HIV positive changed to HIV negative,,,,,etc,,,,) haha

btw, u received email, rite? what's the title of that email? i sent my application on October 14th, so i am expecting that email as well. thx