Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Xaymca:

What is your local office ?

Single or Family applicant?

This is really super fast ! :-X
Local office is Mississauga, single applicant.

sweetakash said:
You are very lucky ;-)
I am sure you would have never imagined in your wildest dream that you'll be a Citizen before Canada Day this year.
Congratulations again, and have great time!!!
Caught me by surprise!!!! I was thinking later on in the year, but that's good news for all of us!!!

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Xaymaca said:
Yes the letter was given immediately after the test.
Congratulations Xaymaca!

Do you think there is a link between the disappearance of the Received Line and invitation to a text/receiving an RQ? My wife's Received Line disappeared late in March and she received an RQ after two weeks.

Thanks,

Bikar

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Bikar said:
Congratulations Xaymaca!

Do you think there is a link between the disappearance of the Received Line and invitation to a text/receiving an RQ? My wife's Received Line disappeared late in March and she received an RQ after two weeks.

Thanks,

Bikar
I have a question for those who have tracked the disappearance of their Received Line. If we find the trend, we might be able to know when we will be contacted by CIC. I start with my wife's situation:

Received Line disappeared: March 26, 2014
Received RQ: April 9, 2014

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Bikar said:
I have a question for those who have tracked the disappearance of their Received Line. If we find the trend, we might be able to know when we will be contacted by CIC. I start with my wife's situation:

Received Line disappeared: March 26, 2014
Received RQ: April 9, 2014
Bikar,

Here is an ideal timeline if you don't get RQ or Finger print

Day 1 - Application send
Day 3 - Application received
Day 3 - AOR send
Day 88 - Received line disappear
Day 91 - Processing started
Day 121 - File is in local office
Day 162 - Invite send for test
Day 190 - Test day
Day 220 - Oath day and citizenship certificate received

If you got RQ and send the response on time and with all the supporting document just add 150 days extra to the entire process.
based on my prediction you will receive test invite on 20-Oct-2014. Your test day might be 17-Nov-2014 and if all goes well your oath might be on 17-Dec-2014. I can vision your wife will have her passport before end of the year.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
blueshirt said:
Bikar,

Here is an ideal timeline if you don't get RQ or Finger print

Day 1 - Application send
Day 3 - Application received
Day 3 - AOR send
Day 88 - Received line disappear
Day 91 - Processing started
Day 121 - File is in local office
Day 162 - Invite send for test
Day 190 - Test day
Day 220 - Oath day and citizenship certificate received

If you got RQ and send the response on time and with all the supporting document just add 150 days extra to the entire process.
based on my prediction you will receive test invite on 20-Oct-2014. Your test day might be 17-Nov-2014 and if all goes well your oath might be on 17-Dec-2014. I can vision your wife will have her passport before end of the year.
Thank you for sharing this Blueshirt, but are you sure that it takes 2.5 months after Received Line disappears and invitation for the test? Some people have received their test dates two to three weeks after the Received Line disappeared. I would be grateful if others could share their experience.

mark brown

Jan 12, 2013
Most applications are process differently...some people may get a good officer...while others get the bad one.....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This forum has had multiple queries in regards to the 'received line' and what its disappearance means. It has so many meanings as to almost have no meaning because there is no reliable statistics that detail its relevance so relying on it to decipher if you will for example get an RQ, are invited to test, background checks are commenced, finger print request made etc is a meaningless and pointless exercise (in my humble opinion). However I have been on these forums long enough to know that human nature is such that we can think and read into anything what we want and as CIC's ecas has become more and more vague including the elimination of the transfer to the Local Office date there are many that will seek comfort in reading into the disappearance of a line as a sign of some distinct progress.

All it really means is that the time flag for 'received' as set up on the ecas database has passed by - whatever activities Sidney has/should/did not do are irrelevant really because until your file is at the Local Office you are not getting a test and that transfer date really is the important "there is progress" trigger point.

Just my 2 cents!

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Msafiri said:
This forum has had multiple queries in regards to the 'received line' and what its disappearance means. It has so many meanings as to almost have no meaning because there is no reliable statistics that detail its relevance so relying on it to decipher if you will for example get an RQ, are invited to test, background checks are commenced, finger print request made etc is a meaningless and pointless exercise (in my humble opinion). However I have been on these forums long enough to know that human nature is such that we can think and read into anything what we want and as CIC's ecas has become more and more vague including the elimination of the transfer to the Local Office date there are many that will seek comfort in reading into the disappearance of a line as a sign of some distinct progress.

All it really means is that the time flag for 'received' as set up on the ecas database has passed by - whatever activities Sidney has/should/did not do are irrelevant really because until your file is at the Local Office you are not getting a test and that transfer date really is the important "there is progress" trigger point.

Just my 2 cents!
Thanks for your opinion MSafiri,

From what you said I guess that you believe the Received Line disappears after a certain period of time, but I think we need to share our dates to be sure. I still think before we jump on a conclusion, we need to share two things (if we have them): 1) the date the Received Line disappeared; and 2) if we subsequently received an RQ or a test date, and if so how long after the disappearance of the Received Line. Please share this information if you can. Thank you everyone.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Wife and I had our tests today. Both got 20/20. Interview was straight forward. Citizenship Officer was a nice guy, he just checked our documents and said we should get an oath invitation in 4 to 8 weeks after the judge has reviewed our files.

Good luck to those waiting to sit their test.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
soonihope said:
Wife and I had our tests today. Both got 20/20. Interview was straight forward. Citizenship Officer was a nice guy, he just checked our documents and said we should get an oath invitation in 4 to 8 weeks after the judge has reviewed our files.

We had the same situation , but I have a question regarding my son (7) years old. In case of ceremony, if I will get a citizenship certificate along with my wife, what about my son? He will get his certificate in the mail or I will get it also for him in the same ceremony? And in case it is going to be delivered in the mail.. Then how long it may take till it be delivered?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
osamaamany said:
We had the same situation , but I have a question regarding my son (7) years old. In case of ceremony, if I will get a citizenship certificate along with my wife, what about my son? He will get his certificate in the mail or I will get it also for him in the same ceremony? And in case it is going to be delivered in the mail.. Then how long it may take till it be delivered?
You will all be invited to the oath ceremony including your son. He does not have to take the oath as he is under 14 but can still attend and will receive his certificate along with you.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
soonihope said:

Congratulations Soonihope!

Did your 'Received Line' disappear? If so, could you please let me know how long before you were invited to take the test?

Thanks,

Bikar

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
osamaamany said:
Hi Osamaamany, Did your 'Received Line' disappear before you were invited to the test? If so, how long after that were you invited to the test? Thanks, Bikar

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R J said:
Finally, everything is done. Got citizenship certificate today
Wish mine is this quick!
envy, enjoy being canadian and dont forget to vote in the next election