+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
Sweden said:
Congrats!! wow - the letter took 2 months to reach you, that must be a record! :) good luck for stage 2...
Sweden
godisFin said:
That's awesome!! :) I'm so glad it finally reached you! :)
messenger said:
Hey welcome back. Finally you got it. I am very happy for you and mostly to see you here the once so lively and now so lonely thread :D :D :D

I have updated you dear! All the best

Tom
Thanks everyone! :)

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldumitriu said:
Hello everyone!!!!

We recieved our Copr today!!! :)

they had originally sent it to the wrong address. So our paranoia a month ago was completely justified, and I'm so glad we decided to contact them about the whole address issue.

I hope everyone is doing well and not too stressed out and that you all get your copr as fast as possible!!!
Congrats & Best wishes!
So no phone/In-person interview, right?

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Brunette said:
Well i hope we hear SOMETHING soon, I'm a Canadian-born Turkish female residing in Toronto but originally born in QC, sponsoring my spouse who is also Turkish from Turkey :)

Hello neighbor! :) :)

Ankara is presently at 16 months. Sometimes VO's expedite applications a lot faster than what they post. Some VO's of course are naturally fast as the case of Paris. The only two members in our thread from Paris got their COPR's already.
Let's hope all our VO's are as quick as Paris. (Viver La belle Paris)

I wish you and your husband a very quick process and reunification!

Have a nice day!

mrs_d

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
03-25-2013
File Transfer...
03-25-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-14-2013
Does anyone know if the person being sponsor is allowed to apply for a tourist visa while waiting for PR???

thank you!!

mrs d

HIFAN

Mar 20, 2013
Hi, Good day everyone :)

I'm so confused, why SGOV took so long to process my app. They received my app Jan 31, 2013 (they already received my med results too) but there's nothing change with my e-cas status (still APPLICATION RECEIVED).
And if I apply tourist visa, can this effect to my PR process??
because this august I've planned to visit my hubby at toronto.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mrs_d said:
Does anyone know if the person being sponsor is allowed to apply for a tourist visa while waiting for PR???

thank you!!

mrs d
yes - you're allowed, but you should know in advance that TRV are very difficult to get for people that have applied for PR, as CIC is afraid that the spouse will overstay, or not leave the country if denied. So - if you decide to try, make sure that you include solid proofs that the applicant will return to their country. Even with that, most people get denied. but - if you feel like trying, go ahead. A denial doesn't affect the PR in anyway - as it's clear why the person wanted to come to Canada...

HIFAN said:
Hi, Good day everyone :)

I'm so confused, why SGOV took so long to process my app. They received my app Jan 31, 2013 (they already received my med results too) but there's nothing change with my e-cas status (still APPLICATION RECEIVED).
And if I apply tourist visa, can this effect to my PR process??
because this august I've planned to visit my hubby at toronto.
See my previous answer.
Good luck,
Sweden

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing fine, and that everything regarding the sponsorship is running smoothly.

My situation...feels like its getting nowhere. There is still no reply from the Nairobi visa office about them transferring my documents to Cairo, and it has been over 2 months.. and I am starting to really panic

So, I decided to make an appointment with the MP of Etobicoke. And see if he could help out with this.. I've had people advise me to do so, and I am really hoping it works out. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please let me know. But otherwise, I am wishing everyone good luck.

And congrats to Idumitriu! I am very happy for you! :)

Kuudir2

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kuudir2 said:
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing fine, and that everything regarding the sponsorship is running smoothly.

My situation...feels like its getting nowhere. There is still no reply from the Nairobi visa office about them transferring my documents to Cairo, and it has been over 2 months.. and I am starting to really panic

So, I decided to make an appointment with the MP of Etobicoke. And see if he could help out with this.. I've had people advise me to do so, and I am really hoping it works out. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please let me know. But otherwise, I am wishing everyone good luck.

And congrats to Idumitriu! I am very happy for you! :)

Kuudir2
Dear Kuudir2 hello, nice to see you here again

So sorry for your delay and if you can take this opportunity with the MP go ahead and do it asap.
it seems many of us from February are also on a stand still too. It's also has been 3 months since SA and not even a word from our VO Vienna.
I hope your file gets transferred quickly so you may regain lost time

All the best

Tom

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
messenger said:
Dear Kuudir2 hello, nice to see you here again

So sorry for your delay and if you can take this opportunity with the MP go ahead and do it asap.
it seems many of us from February are also on a stand still too. It's also has been 3 months since SA and not even a word from our VO Vienna.
I hope your file gets transferred quickly so you may regain lost time

All the best

Tom
Thanks Tom,

I already have a good 15 months time to wait, after they transfer it, so I feel that this wait is meaningless... And I will be meeting with the MP this week, so I really hope it goes well.

And I wish you all the best with the files, and as long as you know its in the right country, your good! lol

Many people I know are going through the exact same thing and have been waiting for many months for replies from the visa office. So stay positive Tom, I feel confident you have nothing to worry about!

Kuudir2
Kuudir2

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kuudir2 said:
Thanks Tom,

I already have a good 15 months time to wait, after they transfer it, so I feel that this wait is meaningless... And I will be meeting with the MP this week, so I really hope it goes well.

And I wish you all the best with the files, and as long as you know its in the right country, your good! lol

Many people I know are going through the exact same thing and have been waiting for many months for replies from the visa office. So stay positive Tom, I feel confident you have nothing to worry about!

Kuudir2
Kuudir2
I know and I can understand how it feels. Isn't there any history after the transfer that Cairo might expedite applications faster? Like Paris for example. It's supposed to be 9 months but couple of members from our thread got their COPR's already.
As for Vienna I know that eventually will respond to something....we hope :)

Regards
Tom

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
messenger said:
I know and I can understand how it feels. Isn't there any history after the transfer that Cairo might expedite applications faster? Like Paris for example. It's supposed to be 9 months but couple of members from our thread got their COPR's already.
As for Vienna I know that eventually will respond to something....we hope :)

Regards
Tom
I am sooooooooo happy right now! After months of waiting for a response from the Nairobi Visa Office, I just got an email from them. :D

Apparently all our file shave been transferred to Cairo almost a month ago! Man...I feel like a whole burden has been lifted off my chest..

Now I am only making sure that Cairo has received the files... and I can patiently sit back and wait. lol

Good luck to all of us Tom.. It'll all pass by fast.. hopefully..

Kuudir2

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Kuudir2 said:
I am sooooooooo happy right now! After months of waiting for a response from the Nairobi Visa Office, I just got an email from them. :D

Apparently all our file shave been transferred to Cairo almost a month ago! Man...I feel like a whole burden has been lifted off my chest..

Now I am only making sure that Cairo has received the files... and I can patiently sit back and wait. lol

Good luck to all of us Tom.. It'll all pass by fast.. hopefully..

Kuudir2
I think I brought you good luck friend. These are great news and now you can relax. Everything will and shall be ok.
All the best
Tom

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
Sweden said:
yes - you're allowed, but you should know in advance that TRV are very difficult to get for people that have applied for PR, as CIC is afraid that the spouse will overstay, or not leave the country if denied. So - if you decide to try, make sure that you include solid proofs that the applicant will return to their country. Even with that, most people get denied. but - if you feel like trying, go ahead. A denial doesn't affect the PR in anyway - as it's clear why the person wanted to come to Canada...

See my previous answer.
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi Sweden, I just wanna know if ever there is a possibility where my eldest son will be able to come with us to Canada? If he's enrolled in College this June, but he's 23 yrs old and wasn't enrolled last year, could he come with us?could we declare him to be accompanying to Canada? I just wonder if there is still hope to that before we submit our application. If none, what can we do in the future to get him?

Thanks again...

abscott

petruzz

Oct 8, 2012
HI everyone,

I'm a little confused regarding the fees :-[

Before originally submitting my application, I *thought* I paid the necessary fees, and those were $75 for Sponsorship app, and $475 for Principal app which came out to $550. I just got an email from the London, UK office requesting me to pay $490 for the Right of Perm. Res. fee.

I didn't expect to have to pay this - is this correct? Did I pay the wrong feed originally? If so, can I just pay online and send my receipt to the Mississauga office?

Your prompt attention is much appreciated as I want to get the sorted asap - obviously ;D

marcjd

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2 2013
AOR Received.
jan 24 2013
File Transfer...
jan 24 2013 (cem received feb 5)
Med's Done....
oct 27 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
july 4 2013 (sent July 8 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
sept 9 2013
LANDED..........
oct 24 2013
you have to pay for that 490 ... or they wont give you PR .. hahahha you didnt pay all the required payment ..i paid 1040$ total to sponsor my wife ... its on my receipt