+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 Citizenship Test in Montreal

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
Hello everyone! I'm starting this thread for me to have idea how fast the processing is in montreal, or anywhere in Quebec, or nearby cities like ottawa-gatineau region. I took the exam last February 8. If anyone here took the exam on the same date, days before and after that, please share us the update. I learned that in some places, test takers received their notice of oath few weeks after their test (like after 2 or 3 weeks).

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Hello
Congratulations for the test
could you kindley help with a bit more details on your case as I will file soon in Montreal
did you get a BR? how was the test day? how long did you have to take? did everything went ok on the day?
did someone check all your passports? what did you feel was very important to them and what was not
I know little French, do you think this will be a problem in montreal test day?
I will really appreciate your detailed response
Many thanks
Adam E

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
BR stands for __? Sorry, I have no idea what that is! It was ok, we were around 80(more or less) including me and my wife. We brought with us all our documents stated in the letter. There were 20 questions which we had to finish in 30 minutes. After that, we had to wait for our turn to speak with an agent who asked us some questions, i guess to test our language skills. You can choose which language you are comfortable speaking. Montreal still is a bilingual city but of course the knowledge in french is one plus factor to easily blend in. yes they did check our passports, travel history and stuff.

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Thank you for your response
I meant RQ stands for residency questioner
What documents you took with you that was listed in the letter?

montreal1009

Feb 24, 2013
ok, i was not sent the RQ because I just left canada for us one time and stayed there not too long. they asked us to bring our passports (the old and new), ids like PR card, medicare card. i brought my drive's license too to show them that I really intend to live here.