+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Application

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
nullall said:
I enclosed an Xpresspost envelope with my return address and that's exactly how they sent it back to me which took a very surprising 1 day to get back to me!

good luck!
Thank you so much NULLALL. My concern is, i didn't enclose an expresspost envelope. So they will send it to me thru regular US mail. I dont know how long does it take from detroit to edmonton alberta thru regular mail. I hope my passport doesnt get lost.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
mail coming from the US to Canada comes to me faster than mail coming from Canada to Canada.
I order something online or send a letter to Toronto which is 1 hr away, and it takes 4 business days. I order something from the US and it takes 2-3 days.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
ihabkal said:
mail coming from the US to Canada comes to me faster than mail coming from Canada to Canada.
I order something online or send a letter to Toronto which is 1 hr away, and it takes 4 business days. I order something from the US and it takes 2-3 days.
Thank u ihabkal. Cause u know i didnt enclose a prepaid return envelope when i sent my passport to detroit for visa stamping, so i guess they will send it back to me thru regular mail.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
nullall said:
I am officially today as of yesterday evening a PERMANENT RESIDENT of CANADA!!! YEAH:)

Did my landing at Carway, Alberta via flagpoling. The experience is very smooth overall, however, I must say make sure you don't have any unpaid speeding tickets!!!
I got arrested at the border in the CIC office once they pulled up my police files and discovered there was a warrant for my arrest for an unpaid speeding ticket! WOW! I totally forgot about this damn ticket and even though it turned out to be a minor offence RCMP had to be called to scene to resolve the issue and I had to sign an agreement that I will pay the fine at the Edmonton Courts once I return.

So, in the end it's a very happy ending to a very unexpected landing experience that will remain to be a story told forever, YET, I dont recommend you repeat it, so PAY YOUR SPEEING TICKETS EVERYONE unless you want to have a unique landing experience 8)

Good luck to all!!!
Nullal, how was the road going to carway? I will be going there this coming monday. I was thinking to go to Coutts or carway. How was the immigration officer in US boarder and in Canada border? Were they nice?