+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FCPS from Pakistan.

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hello All. I need some information that i have been looking for quite some time but to no avail.
My wife has done BDS ( Bachelor of Dentistry) from Pakistan and then FCPS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery ( from Pakistan). My question is, do i need to have her qualification assessed from CES, WES etc?? i Mean do WES CES ICAS etc assess such degrees? Thing is i am not inclined for getting her assessment from the concerned organization in canada as they charge too much and then you still have to appear in a test.
Plus what are the prospects for dental surgeons in Canada from Pakistan? any Pakistani here who has gone through the same road?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello All. I need some information that i have been looking for quite some time but to no avail.
My wife has done BDS ( Bachelor of Dentistry) from Pakistan and then FCPS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery ( from Pakistan). My question is, do i need to have her qualification assessed from CES, WES etc?? i Mean do WES CES ICAS etc assess such degrees? Thing is i am not inclined for getting her assessment from the concerned organization in canada as they charge too much and then you still have to appear in a test.
Plus what are the prospects for dental surgeons in Canada from Pakistan? any Pakistani here who has gone through the same road?
WES should have evaluate the dental degree. Refer to this

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dentist-eca.476897/

I think for FCPS you might have to go to the medical council of canada to get it assessed.

Is she the primary applicant?

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
she could be primary applicant or it could be me. I have done MBA (from Pakistan) and have forwarded my case to CES. I have also sent my Mrs docs to CES for assessment as well because someone told me they would assess it. who ever gets better assessment will be the primary applicant.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
if you had a 2 year MBA from pakistan then you should get a masters equivalent i believe.

Best of luck

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yes, my score was 456, and cutoff at that time was 440. I know people who applied 10 months before me and got in with scores of 415.

Nowadays the score is super high.

What is your CRS score?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yes, i would suggest PNP route, or if you are still young i.e. < 30, then learning french might be useful too

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
yes but learning french is an uphill task.
anyho, how is life in Canada?
Life in Canada is good. It also depends on what your objectives are. If you want to make and save a lot of money, then life is not that good compared to let's say the US.

However quality of life is very high.

People have learnt French from scratch in 6 months. It isn't as hard as it might seem.

But yes, PNP is also a good option.