+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fathers and Mothers name appended in Degree Certificate ..Mumbai University

melrin

May 29, 2016
Hello experts,

My name in my BE degree from Mumbai University is having my Father's and Mother's name. It is present on all the marksheets as well

My original name is present in all other documents

1. So while registering in WES do I need to give the full name (with Father's and Mother's name) while registering
2. If Yes then will it be an issue while applying further as my name in passport and other documents is just firstname Last name and the WES ECA will carry a different name

Any other peers in Mumbai University faced this issue? Please let me know what needs to be done

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melrin said:
Hello experts,

My name in my BE degree from Mumbai University is having my Father's and Mother's name. It is present on all the marksheets as well

1. So while registering in WES do I need to give the full name (with Father's and Mother's name) while registering
You need to give your name as it is written in your passport.

2. If Yes then will it be an issue while applying further as my name in passport and other documents is just firstname Last name and the WES ECA will carry a different name
Your ECA report will show the name as it appears on your degree.
You need to get a One and the Same Person affidavit, stating that all variations of your name belong to the same person, signed in front of a notary public.

Any other peers in Mumbai University faced this issue? Please let me know what needs to be done

Thanks

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi,

On my diplomas and transcripts my father name is present (I am not from India)

That is not a variant of my name, Its a legal rule for all documents issued by education bodies in my country, to include the father's name of the person graduating.

Do you think I still need the One and Same Person affidavit?

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
melrin said:
Hello experts,

Thanks
Hey! I am from Mumbai University and I am facing this exact issue. What did you do for this problem? Please guide me for the same.
Thanks!

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

On my diplomas and transcripts my father name is present (I am not from India)

That is not a variant of my name, Its a legal rule for all documents issued by education bodies in my country, to include the father's name of the person graduating.

Do you think I still need the One and Same Person affidavit?
Hello, did you submit the one and same person affidavit or it works with one?

sadikpunjwani

Dec 18, 2021
Hello experts,

Thanks
how did you mention the "Middle Name" for your education (BE degree) on your WES profile?
I mean, did you appended "Mother's name" as well, along with Father's name, to match with certificate?

Last edited:

abcxyz321

Feb 24, 2022
how did you mention the "Middle Name" for your education (BE degree) on your WES profile?
I mean, did you appended "Mother's name" as well, along with Father's name, to match with certificate?
hey, did you get any solution for this? I too am stuck at WES registration?

abcxyz321

Feb 24, 2022
Hello experts,

Thanks
Did you finally find out what to do? I too am stuck at the WES registration page due to the same confusion.