+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fast Track

Shanker

Aug 20, 2009
Hello there,
I would be greatfull to all the senior members if they could clarify my doubts about sponsoring my parents from Sri lanka. I don't know how many of you are aware that there was/is a ethnic war in Sri Lanka and Canadian government agreed to speed up the family class sponsoring from there.
In my case my parents are living still under constant threat, and I have already given my application form to sponsor them. Last time when i contacted them, they said they are processing under fast track, and refused to give any further details as usual.
I have few questions, ususally for family class sponsoring we do medical, when local embassy people asked us to do medical and police clearence. What about in this situation? Any one have any idea? specially somebody from similar background?
Please help me.. Anybody have any idea how long it'll take to sponsor my parents under this category( Fast track)?
Thanks
Shanker.

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
fasttrack means as well priority process...wihc means that applications currently waiting to be processed, at either the Case Processing Centre or at the visa office, will be pulled from the wait list and processed right away.

New applications to sponsor a family member directly affected by the situation in sri lanka will not be put on the wait list but will also be processed right away.

Shanker

Aug 20, 2009
Thanks Mr.Lonely,
Your reply give me some kind of relief. Hope it won't take too long to process. Any idea, when do we have to do all those medical and police check ups, since my parents lived more than 5 places within last 3 years, and It'll take quite a long time to get Police report. Because police have to get clearence from each police division they lived during last 10 years. I don't know what to do, but I asked them to do. But you know, that police certificate is only valid for 1 year. So if they took more than one year, we may have to do it again.
Once again thanks for reply
Shanker