+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
RAFIQ77 said:
Dear Syed Rahman/ Rupeshari
My file of FSW1 has been transferred to Nova Scotia on March 12, 2009 and it is in APPLICATION RECEIVED STATUS from May 15, 2009 but till today I have not received any positive/negative response from them regarding my eligibility. My question is any body receives any correspondence who are on the same boat like me please reply asap.
Rafiq77
Dear Rafiq77
Welcome in this forum.
There are many cases similar to you, including mine. When did you apply and is it included in 38 NOC list ? If you provide a more details of you, a better response you will get.

Good luck.

SYED

RAFIQ77

Jul 7, 2009
Dear Syed Rahman

My NOC is 4131 it is in 38 list. I have applied in October 13, 2008 from Singapore Visa Office. I have noticed from different forum that the new applicants are getting vey quick response from Nova Scotia. Why they are delaying our case since two months have been passed after APPLICATION RECEIVED status. Do you know anything when they will response or will they keep us waiting for year.

Thanks
Rafiq77

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear RAFIQ77
I know from this forum that the applicants under 38 NOC list shall get final decision within 12-18 months from the date of application. If they decide to process, your application will probably be tranferred to local visa office to contact you further for full appliaction with documents.

As you are in 38 NOC list, in my opinion you will get a positive response. So, no tension. Wait a little bit.

Good luck.

SYED

duggalca

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
Dear Rupesh i have sent my full application on 2nd of June to CHC-ND and the status of file is APPLICATION RECEIVED BY THE VISA OFFICE.Does this mean that they have started processing my file and i have got the qualifying 67 marks, or otherwise they have sent it back.Because on an avg in the new system CHC-ND is taking 6-8 weeks for dedciding Medicals.What u think

hyankov

Jul 17, 2009
Hi,

I have read everything in this thread, and also this nice PDF that was posted earlier with detailed walk-though instructions.

I have seen 3 or 4 other guys in the same thread, wonder the same thing I do as of right now. Nobody answered. So I will repost:

I (we) am/are IT professionals - Software Developers, Software Engineers, Solution Engineers, Solution Architects, etc... Basically - developers. When I am looking through the eligible professions (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list), the closest one I see is "0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers"

So the way I read it, simply a software/solution developer/engineer won't cut it. You have to prove you are/were a Manager. Is that true? Please advise.

Thanks!

eshaghbina

Jul 5, 2009
Dear Friends,

Salaam. I have a question about the work experience letter.
I used the 4121 NOC code (University Professor). I'm asking the university about work experience letter. They gave me a letter which does not contain all details that CIC mentioned, e.g. main responsibilties & duties and the total annual salary plus benefits. If I translate the HOKM E KARGOZINI, again there is not anything about the main duties & responsibilities but there is the monthly income.

And one more problem. I should accompany the work letter with business card od the person who signed the letter, but there is not any kind of business card among the heads of university. So what should I do?

What's your suggestion to overcome this problem.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Your cooperation is highly apriciated well in advance.
Regards,
E.B.

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
I still have to apply but I am trying to get maximum informations. I am applying as federal skilled worker. I want to know that, Will it be possible for me to do my own business while I will there on skilled worker visa?

P

pv

hyankov Welcome to this forum -
Answer to your query Yes, you need to prove atleast 1 full-time continues job / role-duties performed as mentioned in NOC - '0213'.

Good luck

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI

I have printed & completed the application form. but the printout of the forms are slight green or slight maroon. i don't know why.

does anybody know if this will b a problem & they will return my application from Sydney, Nova Scotia?

plzzz advise....

P

pv

just an thought - are you taking printout as colored copy, try to take black&white copy

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi pv

io have already printed them from colour printer & completed all the forms.

But i don't know why one page is greenish & anoter is slight maroon.

r tey going to send my application back if i submit the?

plz advise..................

sumit39

Jun 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is there any successful candidate who can give me main duties for NOC 0213?

There are total 0f 6 rows in this section.(Econmic declaration section 11). Is it ok if i fill four out of them? Also the anothe problem is one row has further 5 subrows which are insufficent to describe all the responsibilties in that row.

Thanks

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
Need Your Help

Dear all's

I have joind This forum today. I need your helps especially seniors and experts.

I have refused for permanent resident in Canada by Canadian high commission Islamabad
Pakistan two times.

1st time I appeared in interview on 23rd Feb 2000. I had applied as skilled worker Computer programmer (NOC) .But refused by Canadian high commission on following grounds. I quote refusal letter paragraph here:

“I have now completed the assessment of your application and regret to inform you that it has been determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Pursuant to section 8(1) of the immigration regulation 1978 independent application in the class in which you have applied are assessed on the basis of age, education, occupational demand, vocational preparation, experience, arranged employment or designated occupation, Canadian demographic factors, knowledge of the English and French languages and personal suitability. Based on the information provided in your application form and at your interview, you were assessed against the requirement for Computer operator (NOC 1421)

The units of assessment you have been awarded for each of the selection criteria are:
Age (31) 10
Occupational factor 01
ETF 05
Experience 04
A.R.E 00
Demographic Factor 08
Education 15
English 09
French 00
Bonus 00
Suitability 00

Total 52

2nd time I appeared in interview in Sep 30, 2002 applied as Computer programmer
(NOC) But when I applied 2nd time, I did not mention about my 1st refusal and I hide that information in Form as well as during the interview I again hide this information despite of asking immigration officer that you have applied before for immigration to Canada. So second time I refused again by Canadian High Commission Islamabad under subsection 40(1) of the immigration and refugee protection Act states that a foreign national is a inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce on error in the administration of this act.

Immigration officer wrote “As a result, you are inadmissible to Canada for a period of two years from the date of this letter. Subsection 11(1) of the act requires that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

Now I want to apply again for permanent resident of Canada. I want to share following information with you. With this hope you will guide me completely so that I take further step .

Now a days I am working as a Manager I.T in local organization (Textile sector)
My qualification is MBA ( MIS)
Maried

Can I apply again Under NOC 0213 With family.

Yours good advises enable me to take descision.

Shahyan

shahyan

Jul 27, 2009
Thanks for prompt reply

can any one help me about presentation of my expereince period.
I am working in private sector since 1990 in IT department with same employeer.
My work experience history detail is here.

From 1990 to 1994 Computer Operator
From 1994 to 2003 Computer Programmer
From 2003 to 2005 System administrator
From 2005 to Date Manager IT

These above period is arround 19 years.

Whether i should mentioned whole period i.e 19 years as per above designation or i will have to mentioned only 10 years experience out of 19 years experience with same employer with detail job description. I suppose to be mentioned from Computer programer to IT manager.

I have also worked with an organization as a freelance programer from 1995 to 1997, whether i should mentioned this experience also and aquire seperate experience letter from that employer for this specific period

Plz help

Suni THomas

Jul 30, 2009
Re: Common questions

Hi i recived an approvel from canda for skilled worker programme(PR) Catagery: Nurse.the last date of submission 4 visa is on sep 15.presently am working in UK last 3 and half years.i would like to know IELTS is essential 4 me to submit this?the problemi is that here is no date 4 IELTS test until september 26.so i am un able to submit my IELTS score.how can i show my language?can i apply with out that?also could you pls tell what is the score needed (general) for this programme...
rupeshhari said:
Ministerial Instruction or 38 job list

The 38 job list can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

To see if you qualify under the ministerial instruction list. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp and find the profession most closest to yours.

Then go to the relevant job in the NOC website and decide whether the first paragraph describes your job and whether you do most of the duties found under the NOC code. If yes, you probably qualify under that NOC. If not, then look for another profession in the ministerial list.

NOC website is http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/OccupationIndex.aspx