+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family reunification

Mansoora Ali

Dec 11, 2023
Hi
I have applied for asylum.After getting approval, I want my husband and 4 little kids here as early as possible. What's the best way to call them in canada?
Can they apply for TRV as announced by Minister Sean Fraser on 26th of May 2023?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I have applied for asylum.After getting approval, I want my husband and 4 little kids here as early as possible. What's the best way to call them in canada?
Can they apply for TRV as announced by Minister Sean Fraser on 26th of May 2023?
The family reunification program are for those who have applied for PR and waiting for finalization. Have you applied for PR? If not, chances of TRVs for your family are very low because they need to show funds, ties to return, travel history etc and you claimed asylum. IRCC will know that they will claim too upon entry. Do they US visas? If so they could go to a land border and claim asylum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
You should really post in the refugee section. Family reunification describes family sponsorship for PRs and citizens. As an asylum claimant it will be very difficult for your family to get TRVs. They can try. Most asylum claimants must first get approved as protected people which can take multiple years and then get PR before they can be reunited with their families in Canada. That can be many years. Would first focus on getting protected person status that can already be a long and difficult road.

Reactions: Mancini and YVR123

Mansoora Ali

Dec 11, 2023
The family reunification program are for those who have applied for PR and waiting for finalization. Have you applied for PR? If not, chances of TRVs for your family are very low because they need to show funds, ties to return, travel history etc and you claimed asylum. IRCC will know that they will claim too upon entry. Do they US visas? If so they could go to a land border and claim asylum.
I was given 7 to 8 months for asylum approval and now it's 7th month. After getting approval I'll apply PR for me and include my family members as well. After getting AOR, can my family apply for TRV?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was given 7 to 8 months for asylum approval and now it's 7th month. After getting approval I'll apply PR for me and include my family members as well. After getting AOR, can my family apply for TRV?
Not sure who gave you this timeframe but that was only an estimate. Given the volume of applicants it can take much longer than 7-8 months. All you can do is wait and gather evidence to try and make your claim as strong as possible. Have you been identified as less complex case?