+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family reunification TRV

nbpolaris

Jun 1, 2024
I don't understand the point of the family reunification TRV visa. I have a spousal sponsorship in progress with AOR recieved as well as sponsor AOR but we have applied for a TRV twice and denied both times due to risk of overstay and my wife not having strong employment in her home country. Should the TRV family reunification not be more considerate? My sisters wedding is in August and our sons 1st birthday is also in August so that's the main reason we are trying to get the TRV before spousal sponsorship is approved. Also our son is a Canadian citizen because I am a born Canadian my son is allowed into Canada but he would be separated from his mother if he came here I don't understand where Canada is coming from with their restrictions on family reunification.

Basically she doesn't have strong employment now is because she's taking care of our newborn child so she can't work.

And the overstay issues I thought was fixed with the new reunification measures and make no sense because we applied so my wife could be here in August for my sisters wedding and sons birthday.

What can I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't understand the point of the family reunification TRV visa. I have a spousal sponsorship in progress with AOR recieved as well as sponsor AOR but we have applied for a TRV twice and denied both times due to risk of overstay and my wife not having strong employment in her home country. Should the TRV family reunification not be more considerate? My sisters wedding is in August and our sons 1st birthday is also in August so that's the main reason we are trying to get the TRV before spousal sponsorship is approved. Also our son is a Canadian citizen because I am a born Canadian my son is allowed into Canada but he would be separated from his mother if he came here I don't understand where Canada is coming from with their restrictions on family reunification.

Basically she doesn't have strong employment now is because she's taking care of our newborn child so she can't work.

And the overstay issues I thought was fixed with the new reunification measures and make no sense because we applied so my wife could be here in August for my sisters wedding and sons birthday.

What can I do?
Unfortunately the family reunification TRV does not guarantee approval, as you've experienced. The new measures do not eliminate concerns around overstays. The applicant must still provide evidence of ties to their home country.

It's hard for us to provide further advice without knowing what information you included in the application and what evidence your wife provided to show ties.

nbpolaris

Jun 1, 2024
Unfortunately the family reunification TRV does not guarantee approval, as you've experienced. The new measures do not eliminate concerns around overstays. The applicant must still provide evidence of ties to their home country.

It's hard for us to provide further advice without knowing what information you included in the application and what evidence your wife provided to show ties.
Thanks for the reply that makes sense in a way it doesn't feel right but it is what it is. It seems counterintuitive in regard to the aspect that they support family reunification though if that's still the stance they take especially with a Canadian child involved.

I guess all I can do is continue to wait for the background check and spousal sponsorship approval.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply that makes sense in a way it doesn't feel right but it is what it is. It seems counterintuitive in regard to the aspect that they support family reunification though if that's still the stance they take especially with a Canadian child involved.

I guess all I can do is continue to wait for the background check and spousal sponsorship approval.
You can certainly reapply if you feel you can strengthen the application.

nbpolaris

Jun 1, 2024
You can certainly reapply if you feel you can strengthen the application.
I honestly don't know how we can strengthen with a denial reason being she has no job currently and that was one of the denial reasons. not like she will leave the child alone to just start working now especially when we are more than half a year into our spousal sponsorship application.