+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family PR Cards renewal

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Hi,

I will start the process of the family PR cards renewal. Appreciate your replies for the following

1. I downloaded renewal forms from the immigration website, is the forms and documents submission online or I will send it by mail.
2. I have 2 kids under age of 16, do they need separate application for each or they will be attached to mother's application. Please just inform me if I need to pay renewal fees for them also.
3. Do I have to attach documents such as Tax, Electricity bills, Internet bills, School papers for the kids, Car registration and other documents that shows our presence.
4. If I will send the applications via mail, I can put it all in one envelope or separate envelopes.

Thank you in advance.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
The application kit includes all the information from A to Z one needs...please read those instructions carefully!! Follow the instructions because if you don't IRCC might send back the application or ask for more documents which will cause a delay.

1. you need to print those forms and send it by mail (make copies of that application for your own file)
2. you need to file/print "separate" forms for the kids
3. as stated in the instructions you'll have to send copies of tax reports, rental agreements, etc
4. you can use UPS or just Canada Post (Priority Mail Envelope) - use one for all

And it's $50 for each application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

Look up the Document Checklist (1.) as well as the Instruction Guide (7.)!!

Good luck!!

:)

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Thank you very much for your kind reply and information provided.

Appreciate your reply if it is OK to send Copies of some documents as I will need the originals.

Thank you again

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Yep, do NOT send any originals! Except for the receipt you'll get after you paid the fees!

And make copies of all pages of each passport. It doesn't matter if pages are empty, IRCC wants to see it all :)

Good luck!!

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Re: Family PR Cards renewal (What is the UCI Number?)

I need to know what is the UCI Number as I am filling the PR renewal form and the UCI number appears in the first page.

Thank you

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
You will be given a UCI number, you do not have one yet.

After you've sent in the application you'll get an email from IRCC. If your application is okay they'll send you an email and you'll get your UCI. This might take a few weeks, so you need to be patient.

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
One issue that i was thinking about yesterday while I was completing the application forms. We are already completed full 3 years in Canad and as i heard that the law of 3 of 5 will be back maybe in September. in case i submit the renewal applications and they approve the 3 of 5 years law again, Can I submit my application for the citizenship and another issue, in case I got the renewal PR cards, is the counter of our days in Canada will be reset and start counting from start or our days from old PR card will count. Sorry I feel that no sense for what I am asking but i want to be sure as it is family future.

Thank you

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tri-Cities said:
You will be given a UCI number, you do not have one yet.

After you've sent in the application you'll get an email from IRCC. If your application is okay they'll send you an email and you'll get your UCI. This might take a few weeks, so you need to be patient.

As this is a renewal and he is already PR yes he does have an UCI. This number is the same that you receive once you apply for any immigration status, e.g. PR. This number does not change.

Sermasinko84 you will find your UCI on your current PR card under your ID number or on your original landing papers.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Sermasinko84 said:
One issue that i was thinking about yesterday while I was completing the application forms. We are already completed full 3 years in Canad and as i heard that the law of 3 of 5 will be back maybe in September. in case i submit the renewal applications and they approve the 3 of 5 years law again, Can I submit my application for the citizenship and another issue, in case I got the renewal PR cards, is the counter of our days in Canada will be reset and start counting from start or our days from old PR card will count. Sorry I feel that no sense for what I am asking but i want to be sure as it is family future.

Thank you
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-is-not-really-permanent-as-it-says-t446610.0.html;msg5398124#msg5398124

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Dears, I reviewed the sent link but I am still confused. Please I need your help.

We were in Canada for 3 years and We have to renew our PR cards, is these 3 years will not count when We receive the new PR cards and the counter to start from ZERO Day or when we complete the 4th year we can submit our applications for the citizenship OR if they decide to be back for the 3 years law and we can submit immediately our citizenship application even if we got the renewal cards.

Thank you.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sermasinko84 said:
Dears, I reviewed the sent link but I am still confused. Please I need your help.

We were in Canada for 3 years and We have to renew our PR cards, is these 3 years will not count when We receive the new PR cards and the counter to start from ZERO Day or when we complete the 4th year we can submit our applications for the citizenship OR if they decide to be back for the 3 years law and we can submit immediately our citizenship application even if we got the renewal cards.

Thank you.
Your time you were here in Canada (3 years before renewal plus any time after renewal) will be counted towards citizenship.

Yes you can apply for citizenship as soon as you become eligible...even if you are still in process of renewing card or after renewing card.

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Thank you Rigly68.

is the (Date you became a permanent resident of Canada) will be the first date I came (landed) to Canada or it is the date of issuing the first PR Cards which is 5 years from date of its expiry.

Thank you

Sermasinko84

Aug 18, 2016
Thank you for your support and great information. I completed all the applications for all the family (6 persons). Each person with separate large size envelope which can be sealed. CAN I send all the envelopes as one package ( each envelope sealed and written the name of the person) or I have to send it one by one.

Thank you