+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family members not able to complete landing formailitie before Visa expiry

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am in a situation that my and my families (Spouse and 2 kids) Visa is expiring on 20th November.

I (Principal Applicant) am travelling on 17th November to Canada for completing the landing formalities and will be returning back on 22nd November, but due to some personal reasons, my family (Wife and 2 kids) are not able to accompany me and I would be sponsoring them later on, when i go to Canada after some time (say 6-8 months).

Will there be any problem or concern from Immigration Authorities at PoE for not bringing family before their Visa is expiring ?

And do I need to take care of anything before I leave from my country ?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear

Once visa expires, u will have to re-enter for full immigration process of your family. There is no other way out. Visa expired is considered as immigration cancelled / not availed and not extendable.

asyousuf

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_2010 said:
Hello,

I am in a situation that my and my families (Spouse and 2 kids) Visa is expiring on 20th November.

I (Principal Applicant) am travelling on 17th November to Canada for completing the landing formalities and will be returning back on 22nd November, but due to some personal reasons, my family (Wife and 2 kids) are not able to accompany me and I would be sponsoring them later on, when i go to Canada after some time (say 6-8 months).

Will there be any problem or concern from Immigration Authorities at PoE for not bringing family before their Visa is expiring ?

And do I need to take care of anything before I leave from my country ?
As per my knowledge for the PA alone, landing and returning, there is no problem. There is no other formalities when your family are not accompanied. If they don't land in time their visa will be expired and you have to take the extra burden of initiating their sponsorship. If you can overcome the impediments for their and travel with you to Canada before the expiry of visa, it would have been better. Otherwise, no other choice.

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks asyousuf and Wilson for quick response.

I understand that it will again take atleast 6 months and all the documentation to get it done from scratch.

I informed my consultant today and they asked me to send letter to CHC, Delhi alongwith COPR and Passport/Visa to request them to cancel the Visa. I am worried, if I do that and even if I dont send the letter, there might be questions either by CHC or by immigrations authorities at PoE and they may want to know, that once I am gone, how will I be supporting my family for their basic needs and other things e.g. kids schooling fee ??

And they may also want to know whether my spouse have any problem me leaving country or not ??

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_2010 said:
I am worried, if I do that and even if I dont send the letter, there might be questions either by CHC or by immigrations authorities at PoE and they may want to know, that once I am gone, how will I be supporting my family for their basic needs and other things e.g. kids schooling fee ??
And they may also want to know whether my spouse have any problem me leaving country or not ??
Don't worry, such matters will not be asked by CHC or at the POE. It is your personal problem.

As your agent suggested, send the COPRs and passports for cancellation of PR visa by CHC New Delhi. Because you need to apply again for their visas later.

If the officer at the POE ask about your dependents, tell your intention.

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It helps. :)

Also, thanks for always helping me by responding to my queries.

Thank You.