+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family immigration and time line islamabad

HUNI

Oct 27, 2010
hi every 1,
i just register my self. im pretty confused about canadian family immigration and time line. here is detail of my case:

my wife sponser me from canada
she got the letter from canadian embassy in january 2010 mentioning ur case has been sent to paksitan.
my case starts processing in april 2, 2010 in islamabad.
they send me letter about extra information like original nikkah nama in urdu, phone bills, pictures i send all these inforamtion in april 15,2010..... after that i didt get any thing from embassy. my medical is also expire in december 2010.

any comments r update

regards

imran zaffar

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

HUNI said:
hi every 1,
i just register my self. im pretty confused about canadian family immigration and time line. here is detail of my case:

my wife sponser me from canada
she got the letter from canadian embassy in january 2010 mentioning ur case has been sent to paksitan.
my case starts processing in april 2, 2010 in islamabad.
they send me letter about extra information like original nikkah nama in urdu, phone bills, pictures i send all these inforamtion in april 15,2010..... after that i didt get any thing from embassy. my medical is also expire in december 2010.

any comments r update

regards

imran zaffar
The processing time is 8-14 months for 80% of the applications received in Isbad. So you are still well within the posted processing time.

HUNI

Oct 27, 2010
thanks 4 ur reply. im confused coz the letter which embassy sent me, was mentioning minimum processing time is 9 months. but when i login to canadian embassy pakistan, they said there r 4 different stages in immigration. first 1 is in process, 2nd is withdraw, 3rd is decesion making and last is compelte. in confused they alresy took 7 month in process stage, so rest of stages will be cleard in.............

aqSa

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Hey, just to clear your confusion,

there are 3 stages only.

1.processing in Canada
2.File transfered to CHC Islamabad
3. In process status on e-cas, (that means your file is being processes, backfground checks, relationship genuinity confirmation etc.)
4.Decision mad (that is status of your application has been decided, that means the application has been accepted and passport will be requested)

Withdraw is not a stage, that status is only applied when the sponsor or the applicant withdraw his/her application and does not want to continue with the visa application.

HUNI

Oct 27, 2010
okay. wat does background case mean.............
1 more thing i want to ask is that my medical and police certficate both will expire in december 2010. wat will i do? embassy inform me about the medical and pcc.......

aqSa

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
background checks means that they will check your educational records, may or may not contact your educational institutes, also if you are working, or have worked somewhere, they'll be confirming your records there too..

and about the PCC and medical, m not sure, but what i have read here on the forum, the embassy contacts you to resend the required documents, so i guess you will hear from them when its time..well i hope your case is done before that =)