+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Sponsorship - Conjugal Partner Relationship

maryan_28

Jan 5, 2015
Dear team members,

We need your help please. We are hoping you can enlighten us with regards to our current situation.
We are in the process of completing our application for family class sponsorship. My sponsor who is a Canadian citizen can't come home for us to get married due to his medical condition. He is undergoing check - ups due to his heart condition. Aside from that, he previously got married in the Philippines and his divorce in Canada has not yet been recognized in the Philippines. I have not tried getting a tourist visa due to financial constraint. Will these factors be considered as immigration barriers in our conjugal relationship? We have been committed for more than two years already. He has been sending me financial support as well and we keep in touch everyday.

Thank you.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
maryan_28 said:
Dear team members,

We need your help please. We are hoping you can enlighten us with regards to our current situation.
We are in the process of completing our application for family class sponsorship. My sponsor who is a Canadian citizen can't come home for us to get married due to his medical condition. He is undergoing check - ups due to his heart condition. Aside from that, he previously got married in the Philippines and his divorce in Canada has not yet been recognized in the Philippines. I have not tried getting a tourist visa due to financial constraint. Will these factors be considered as immigration barriers in our conjugal relationship? We have been committed for more than two years already. He has been sending me financial support as well and we keep in touch everyday.

Thank you.
possibly the info about his health, travel restrictions and divorce. not so much about not applying for a visitor's visa because of financial constraint. CIC doesn't really care about financial constraint. it will be difficult for anyone to tell you for sure as it is dependant upon the visa officer reading your file. Conjugal is the hardest to prove.

maryan_28

Jan 5, 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my query. We appreciate it a lot. We will take note of this.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
maryan_28 said:
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my query. We appreciate it a lot. We will take note of this.
it might strengthen your case if you do apply for a visitor's visa and get rejected. that would be another barrier to getting married.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
maryan_28 said:
As you haven't even applied for a TRV, there is currently no barrier preventing you from coming to Canada to be with him. Financial reasons are not valid.

maryan_28

Jan 5, 2015
Hi, noted on that. Thank you for your input on our concern. How about if we will just focus instead on him being still married in the Philippines and he can't come home because of his medical condition? Is there any possibility that we may be approved? Supporting doc that we have for financial support is 6 to 8 remittance slips for year 2013 and another 6 - 8 for year 2014. There are also call logs, for 5 to 6 times on a daily basis. We have subscription in Directo and it allows him unlimited calling to my Canada assigned number. We tried to comply with upfront medical check up also. I posted here to ask for your insights because I am so worried. Going there to Canada is the only chance we have of being together. We really appreciate your taking the time to answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to apply for a TRV. Without the refused TRV (if it's refused), there is no proof that you cannot come to Canada and become common law by living together for a year.

BCKev

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
22-11-2014
Presenting evidence of your time spent together will be an important part of your application. Nothing in your posts indicates that you have spent any time together.

maryan_28

Jan 5, 2015
We had been together during his vacation but that was only for 3 weeks since he needed to go back to work already.