+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family class ETA visa

arian5927

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, hope every one doing well
i have few questions that is not clear for me
i am currently Canadian citizen and my wife was living in USA , she came to Canada around 2 month ago to stay here with me so we can apply in (spouse in Canada class) we also want to apply for open work permit so she can work in Canada while her case is processing .
1.what type of open work permit should we apply for? can any of u guys tell me which forms should we fill out?
2.she came to Canada as a ETA visitor (means she can only stay in Canada for 6 month ) is she allow to stay in Canada more then 6 months while her case is processing?
3.can she go to U.S for a week vacation after she got the open work permit?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. You want a spousal open work permit. Complete the "Come to Canada" tool on the IRCC website to get the right application form.
2. Yes, if she applies for the open work permit she can stay in Canada under implied status while it is processing. (The PR application itself does not give implied status. If rejected for the work permit she would be out of status. She can apply to extend her visitor status with a visitor record to avoid this problem.)
3. Yes, but be careful. Any absence from Canada could be interpreted as her abandoning the sponsorship application.

arian5927

Aug 4, 2020
1. You want a spousal open work permit. Complete the "Come to Canada" tool on the IRCC website to get the right application form.
2. Yes, if she applies for the open work permit she can stay in Canada under implied status while it is processing. (The PR application itself does not give implied status. If rejected for the work permit she would be out of status. She can apply to extend her visitor status with a visitor record to avoid this problem.)
3. Yes, but be careful. Any absence from Canada could be interpreted as her abandoning the sponsorship application.
thanks for answering , can i send my spousal sponsorship form without open work permit application and do that online?