+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family class application- London processing times gone up ??

elliebiz

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
Just looked online today and the outland London processing times have gone way up from about 9 months to 29 months.My husband sent off our application beginning of Feb this year. worried now as that's a long time to wait :( Anyone know why the waiting time is so much longer now?

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
I'm told it's because the Islamabad office for Pakistan shut down so all apps from there go through London but if you are English or Irish, your application won't take that long.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#What.27s_going_on_with_the_Mississauga.2FOttawa.2FLondon_situation_for_British_outland_applicants.3F

And this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#How_long_will_it_take.3F

And have a look at the spreadsheet linked in my signature, and read the red box on the cover page. The spreadsheet tracks applications filed through London, so gives you a more realistic idea of processing time. The average has been sitting at 8ish months give or take a bit for well over a year now.

I'm the owner of the spreadsheet, so I can happily add you. Adding your info to the spreadsheet is a great way to say thanks for the advice you receive on the board - more data on the spreadsheet helps us give others are more realistic idea of processing times, plus it helps alleviate everyone else's stress if they can see that tons of others are in the same boat.

If you want to be added, then let me know:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Post any updates over in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;new#new which is sort of the 'holding pen' for applicants via London. :)

Hope that helps!

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
If you are from england it won't take long.
They transfered all the files from Islamabad to London for processing that is why. The processing time has gone up. 29 months mean 80% files were done in 11 monhs 20% took longer. Still no one knows the real timeline. I believe it is taking somewhere around 13-15 months to get approved.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sohaib1 said:
If you are from england it won't take long.
They transfered all the files from Islamabad to London for processing that is why. The processing time has gone up. 29 months mean 80% files were done in 11 monhs 20% took longer. Still no one knows the real timeline. I believe it is taking somewhere around 13-15 months to get approved.
Not for British/Irish/Swedish/etc applicants, as pointed out in my post.

elliebiz

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your replies. that's helpful to know a better idea of processing times. I'm English uk citizen.