+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family-based humanitarian program for Colombians, Haitians and Venezuelans

Dec 3, 2023
If you filled out your addresses, but when check the application submitted noticed that the “from” section is blank and the “to” section has the address, would you submit an explanation letter or just wait? Would be this an error system? How was this even possible?

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
I sent web form with provicial ID on Dec 2 and Dec 4 they said forwarded to corresponding office. See my timeline below.

I checked my app today when rejected and the provincial ID was not there. :(
I mistakenly uploaded my national identity document instead of the Anchor's Provincial document, I used the webform to send it, but got this (unspecific) response:

"Greetings,
Thank you for contacting the Migration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Colombia.
For more information about the New humanitarian pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan foreign nationals with family in Canada, please consult the following websites"

LINKS

>

Also under 'Reasons your application can be delayed' canada.ca states: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/humanitarian-colombia-haiti-venezuela/after-apply.html

Your application could be delayed if:

• the processing office has to contact other IRCC offices in or outside Canada to confirm details you gave us
  • you don’t include your application number when you contact us (which most of us contacting through web form do not have)

I don't really want to or would encourage anyone sending webforms, in the end it saturates the process, if they return it and they are allowing you to complete and resend it, it is because those applications will be reviewed again. Otherwise they would shut it down.

So I know its annoying, but is best to keep it within the application frame, CHECK THE APPLICATION PACKAGE as it is pretty 'self explanatory' of all documents, the how and what to upload, keep it simple, and let's all be patient.

Last edited:

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I understand where you are coming from. But to be honest it’s worth trying rather than just sit down and get your application returned. Of course the best would be assuring everything was sent correctly from the get go. But in my case for example never thought it was a requirement to show proof of civil status. And that’s what I sent via web form, in my case I got a different reply from them saying it was forwarded to the right office and thank God I got AOR. But of course if you have multiple issues it’s better to just wait and fix everything at once.

LA2023

Dec 4, 2023
Bogota
I understand where you are coming from. But to be honest it’s worth trying rather than just sit down and get your application returned. Of course the best would be assuring everything was sent correctly from the get go. But in my case for example never thought it was a requirement to show proof of civil status. And that’s what I sent via web form, in my case I got a different reply from them saying it was forwarded to the right office and thank God I got AOR. But of course if you have multiple issues it’s better to just wait and fix everything at once.
As seen by Yayita it might be returned anyway, because additional documents through web form might not reach in time ( without identifier) for the review of an application, or they might not become part of your package.

And I understand your specific case, no one is "just seating down" but people ain't getting that same answer you did. Also you don't know for sure that's why you got an AOR, so far I understand also you are unable to check if the document you sent through webform is part of your application package by this point, or not...

What I see is a lot of desperation, which leads nowhere good. Want to add something try webform okay, but people trying to send webforms once and again until they get that "forwarded to the right office" answer, which in no way can assure will be open/reviewed in time or have positive impact in their applications. Once again: returned doesn't mean you will be unable to complete what they ask for. If they return and let you know what's wrong, there is your chance, to directly complete and apply correctly. (Here is where I'm encouraging to CHECK THE APPLICATION PACKAGE THOROUGHLY) Lots of webforms can affect operations, create internal confusion and saturate the program, its all I'm saying. I hope everyone gets to be approved whether they get an AOR right away or have to complete their applications to be reviewed again.

Last edited:

Anabanana7

Apr 5, 2021
I agree with Lola, I spoke with an agent on the phone and he told me that it wasnt a good idea to submit an application twice because you will loose the spot you had from the first application. Its better to keep on sending webforms with as many details as possible. Thanks to Lola I got a confirmation that my missing documents were received and attached to my application.

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
I agree with Lola, I spoke with an agent on the phone and he told me that it wasnt a good idea to submit an application twice because you will loose the spot you had from the first application. Its better to keep on sending webforms with as many details as possible. Thanks to Lola I got a confirmation that my missing documents were received and attached to my application.

Ana, did you receive AOR already?

Lola93

Star Member
May 18, 2016
In my opinion it’s a good idea to at least try submitting web form. Because even if returned you know you tried. I truly hope and wish all of us get to reunite we our family members.

Dec 3, 2023
under which category did you sent your webform? mine keeps coming back (the webform )

JoseHMM

Dec 7, 2023
Application (submission) date: 2023-11-22 (UTC)
Date AOR received: 2023-12-06
Date of biometrics:
Date of medical exam:
Application response: Approved/Denied
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date:
Consulta: Los IDs deben ser traducidos al ingles?

JoseHMM

Dec 7, 2023
Application (submission) date: 2023-11-19
Date AOR received: 2023-11-28
Date of biometrics:2023-11-28
Date of medical exam:
Application response:
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date:
Hola serias tan amable de decirme si los iDs que info¡egresaron estaban traducidos al ingles?

Reactions: Bea.canadavisa

yayita

Nov 13, 2013
In my opinion it’s a good idea to at least try submitting web form. Because even if returned you know you tried. I truly hope and wish all of us get to reunite we our family members.
@Lola93 which civil status document you loaded? was it for the applicant or for the anchor?